Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Solid understanding of duties performed within entire software development life cycle, tools, and language(s) to operationalize the build, deployment, and management of environments to include:
- Collaborates with other Sr. DevOps team members and infrastructure architects on best practices, patterns, and vision for the application and automation infrastructure.
- Collaborates with system and software architects on autoscaling/failover methodologies within Kubernetes environment.
- Work closely with development/test teams to ensure operational policies and gating controls are aligned with development processes to include creative automation of redundant activities.
- Monitors applications for abnormalities and proposes areas for improvement in regard to availability, resilience, and performance of the applications.
- Create, enhance and manage automated pipelines that support code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes for microservice based applications within an international environment for on-premise and cloud based deployments.
- Supports customer deployment of software applications into production environments as needed with integration teams to ensure proper functionality and customer acceptance.
- Conducts research on DevSecOps tool chains, automated infrastructure deployments, and cloud strategies.
- Must maintain a deep understanding and awareness of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative software tools to support architecting, engineering, and planning activities in all areas to maintain an automated DevSecOps infrastructure.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- A Minimum of 5 years working experience as a DevOps or DevSecOps engineer
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures and Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with automation and configuration tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other tools for automation, deployment, and configuration of applications.
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Experience in working with Jenkins and Bamboo in construction of CI/CD pipelines integrating various build tools (Maven, Gradle, MSBuild, etc.) along with image repositories like Artifactory and other working knowledge of tool integration for automated testing, security, release and patch management.
- Experience with cloud computing and container solutions such as Azure, GoogleCloud, Rackspace, or Amazon EC2, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience managing and integrating test automation (Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, SpecFlow, etc.) into various points in a development pipeline along with report automation.
- Experience in working with an Agile development environment with use of tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
Any of the following additional experience is a plus:
- Strong command of software-automation production systems
- Exhibit expertise in software development methodologies and design patterns for build, deploy, management of applications and infrastructure
- Understanding of basic level 3 networking and network security
- Familiar with Systems, networking and Software development (OS, firewalls, LoadBalancer, WebServer, Application Server)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of security areas lik NSG, Azure Firewall, Azure Security Center, Azure Polices, AWS Security Hub, NACL, WAF, RBAC and Shared Responsibility, etc.
Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze data within limited timeframes and recommend alternatives.
Positive, enthusiastic attitude that promotes and maintains high staff morale.
Teamwork and interpersonal skills, reflecting the ability to effectively interact with multiple leadership levels, customer groups and partners.
Be able to contribute to the onboarding process of additional team members.
Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
Able to work unsupervised, take initiative and resolve issues.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.