This role will be part of the Software Engineering Warehouse team based in Marietta Georgia.
You will work collaboratively with our application development, operations teams, and customers build, deploy and operate our companies application systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes through feature rich CI/CD pipelines. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Be responsible for RBAC, manage roles, resources and key vaults. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. Within this role, you are capable of working independently and within teams taking leadership duties to help drive execution of project activities. You will also coach and train other engineers on best practices and standards continuously evaluating new techniques and technologies to improve the organizations innovation through a customer centric approach.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Solid understanding of duties performed within entire software development life cycle, tools, and language(s) to operationalize the build, deployment, and management of environments to include:
- Collaborates with other Sr. DevOps team members and infrastructure architects on best practices, patterns, and vision for the application and automation infrastructure.
- Collaborates with system and software architects on autoscaling/failover methodologies within Kubernetes environment.
- Work closely with development/test teams to ensure operational policies and gating controls are aligned with development processes to include creative automation of redundant activities.
- Monitors applications for abnormalities and proposes areas for improvement in regard to availability, resilience, and performance of the applications.
- Create, enhance and manage automated pipelines that support code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes for microservice based applications within an international environment for on-premise and cloud based deployments.
- Supports customer deployment of software applications into production environments as needed with integration teams to ensure proper functionality and customer acceptance.
- Conducts research on DevSecOps tool chains, automated infrastructure deployments, and cloud strategies.
- Must maintain a deep understanding and awareness of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative software tools to support architecting, engineering, and planning activities in all areas to maintain an automated DevSecOps infrastructure.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- A Minimum of 8 years working experience as a DevOps, DevSecOps or Release engineer.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures and Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with automation and configuration tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other tools for automation, deployment, and configuration of applications.
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Experience in working with orchestration solutions in the construction of CI/CD pipelines integrating various build tools (Maven, Gradle, MSBuild, etc.) along with image repositories like Artifactory and other working knowledge of tool integration for automated testing, security, release and patch management.
- Knowledge in a scripting language such as Java, Ruby, Python, Groovy, or Bash, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing (such as Azure, GoogleCloud, or Rackspace) and container solutions (such as EC2, Docker, or Kubernetes).
- Experience managing and integrating test automation (Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, SpecFlow, etc.) into various points in a development pipeline along with report automation.
- Experience in working with an Agile development environment with use of tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze data within limited timeframes and recommend potential solutions.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude that promotes and maintains high staff morale.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills, reflecting the ability to effectively interact with multiple leadership levels, customer groups and partners.
- Comfortable working with remote resources spread out globally.
- Be able to contribute to the onboarding process and mentorship of additional team members.
- Able to work unsupervised, take initiative and resolve issues.
Preferred Qualifications (Any of the following additional experience is a plus):
- Strong command of software-automation production systems
- Exhibit expertise in software development methodologies and design patterns for build, deploy, management of applications and infrastructure
- Understanding of basic level 3 networking and network security
- Familiar with systems, networking and software development (OS, firewalls, load balancers, web servers, application server)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of security areas like NSG, Azure Firewall, Azure Security Center, Azure Polices, AWS Security Hub, NACL, WAF, RBAC concepts and Shared Responsibility, etc.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.