Are you able to manage multiple disciplines during a customer crisis? Do you know how to make Problem Management happen in a complex, international environment? Are you ready to join us for our next step within the challenging environment of our Vanderlande Customer Service Desk?
The Service Desk EU/APAC is part of the Service Deployment Group, within the BU Warehouse solutions, and operates internationally with the task of supporting our customers and local service staff by analyzing problems and advising them. They cover all functional areas, e.g. 1st line service desk, 2nd line support teams and 3rd line support. The Service Desk EU/APAC is an important link between different service organizations and the customers.
You will join a team of Senior escalation and crisis managers (internal title Major Incident Managers), who are available 24/7 via a standby rotation. Together with your leadership-skills and natural authority, excellent collaboration and communication skills are necessary to coordinate and solve complex customer crises. As a Senior escalation and crisis manager, your task is to coordinate a team of technical experts and manage stakeholder communication during the crisis. You use your problem solving skills to come up with an effective approach towards reduction or elimination of the customer impact.
In the aftercare you are responsible to follow up on the lessons learned to prevent reoccurrence of the same situation. You also need to take care of the necessary problem management tasks as part of ITIL, which includes the Root Cause Analysis Process. Together with your colleagues you will strengthen and improve our ITIL processes and make sure there is a continuous improvement cycle in place.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Managing Major Incident response teams by setting priorities to enable a swift resolution
- Ensure appropriate communication and escalations within Vanderlande and towards our customers during a Major Incident
- Coordinate teams to methodically find root causes for complex problems via the CoThink RATIO method
- Assure adequate planning and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions within the Problem Management process
- Monitor and report to management on performance and process adherence of the Major Incident Management and Problem Management Processes
- Act on findings via a continuous improvement cycle to improve the Major Incident Management and Problem Management process
- Lead or participate in ITIL process improvement projects
As a Senior escalation and crisis manager, you have strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, and you are not afraid to take the initiative and make decisions. You can demonstrate success in influencing cross functional teams and driving results in a matrix organization.
- You finished a bachelor or master degree in a relevant study;
- Working and management experience (> 10 years) with highly complex incidents and problems in a service organization;
- ITIL practitioner, preferably on Expert or Managing Professional level;
- You have a strong customer focus and are able to adapt to different management styles, personality types and cultures;
- You are able to multi task, set priorities and manage time effectively;
- Good command of (business) English;
- You are flexible with working hours in case of major incidents (depending on a 24/7 standby schedule).
- Problem Solving skills like the Kepner & Tregoe or CoThink RATIO methods are preferred
- You are a fast learner and understand new technologies and basic concepts quickly
If the challenging profile of Senior escalation and crisis manager, located on our state-of-the art campus in Veghel (the Netherlands) appeals to you, apply now by filling out the application form and uploading you CV ánd cover letter. For more information about this vacancy you can contact Senior Recruiter Laura Deckers, via firstname.lastname@example.org.