Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for warehouse and parcel. Working within the North American Warehouse Service Operations Management team and Collaborating with the Global IT Service Competence centre, the Senior IT Service Development Manager will be responsible for the development of our IT Service business, as part of a global program, in North America.
North America is a fast-growing market with significant opportunities for Vanderlande. The position will be customer facing, involve working cross functionally with internal teams and is part of the Service Operations management team. This position will be based at our North American Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia office and report to the Vice President, Services.
- Development and implementation of the IT Service model in North America.
- Technical authority on IT Service solutions and their application within the Global and North American business.
- North American competence owner for IT Service product development.
- Collaboration with the international community of IT Service Development Consultants to ensure alignment in the execution of the Global IT Life Cycle Roadmap.
- Ensure that we offer a high-performance end to end IT Services that are fit for purpose for our customers.
- Develop and maintain IT Sales material and support the organization through any IT bid activities.
- Work closely with the Business Development Managers ensuring alignment with the IT Sales strategy.
- Provide insights to support the development of long-term growth forecasts.
- Development of service framework for local based teams delivering IT services at key customer sites.
- Identify and introduce new tooling that enhances the IT support functions.
- Work closely with R&D and product owners to ensure successful deployment of IT technologies and the ongoing maintainability of those product through the asset’s life cycle.
- Provide insight on IT Life Cycle planning and steer the customer relationship towards a mutually beneficial performance partnership by supporting the customer’s Life Cycle requirements.
- Identify the customer’s needs for transition support (technical, IT and commercial) and ensure the necessary Vanderlande resources are deployed in working alongside the customer.
- Lead operational readiness & business change projects related to IT Services .
- Provide Quality Assurance and Performance Assessments to ensure the Service delivery model meets the expected standards.
- Collaborate with Vanderlande Service desks and support teams to drive best practices in proactive and reactive support activities.
- Develop teams and support services for new and existing customer sites.
- 10+ years’ experience in supporting business critical and complex IT systems.
- Extensive knowledge in developing processes for Service Operations.
- Experience with major projects, in the commercial sense and project execution, to understand specific challenges associated with the commercial and execution processes of complex projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong, independent decision-making ability.
- Clear understanding of setting and monitoring objectives.
- Excellent ability to negotiate.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Able to work both at a strategic and tactical level within companies.
- Completion of a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or Business.
- ITIL Practitioner or equivalent
- Experience of IT / Industrial Control systems in the Warehouse / Parcel / Logistics Automation industry
- A professional demeanor, diplomacy and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence customers and colleagues
- Experience of IT Service Delivery and Transition within an ITIL/ITSM framework for several projects
- Ability to develop good working relationships
- Excellent presentation skills
- Professional approach with excellent networking and negotiating skills
- Possess engineering knowledge and in depth understanding of the Warehouse Automation Industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT Operations including Service Desks, Operations, Data Center and supporting end users
- Occasional overseas travel is required