Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling systems and innovation is the key to winning in a world that is changing faster than ever, which is why it is essential for Vanderlande to develop cutting-edge solutions. The use and development of cutting-edge technologies is core to that success. This technology alone does not make a successful organization and our mantra is “In a world of technology, a belief in people”. Within the Development Centre Software (DCS) departments you can be one of those people and bring your passion for cutting-edge technologies and have an opportunity to make a positive impact to some of the world’s leading companies that rely on Vanderlande to give them a competitive advantage. The software and solutions that we create are at the core of driving the equipment and processes that make this happen. Be a part of the team that is creating software that is being used in hundreds of the world’s leading organizations worldwide.
- You will be responsible for understanding and following requirements set by the Product Owners, System Architects and Software Architects, developing robust and feature rich software, contributing to peer/team code reviews, and following change management best practices.
- You have a solid understanding of duties performed within the entire software development life cycle, tools, and language(s)
- Collaborate with Product Owners/BA’s in refinement and defining user stories
- Follows and coaches best practices for test-driven/behavior driven development
- Design, develop, and maintain complex microservices components that meet requirements, provide high quality in a high performance environment
- Contributes to complex application architectures and technical alternatives to meet functional requirements working with System, Software, and Solution architects
- Contributes to and leads technical documentation development for application designs
- Ability to analyze functional issues, performance issues, production components and configurations, Triaging/troubleshooting of issues across dev, QA, and production environments
- Works as a multi-skilled professional practicing SAFe Agile in both a SCRUM/Kanban methodology
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and coaching within the team
Your qualifications and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 7 years of working experience, developing in JAVA
- Experience in Core JAVA / Spring Boot, Framework, Security, Cloud / Hibernate / Web Services
- Experience in working with either Maven or Gradle build tools
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Working knowledge of Apache Camel, JMS, JNDI, JUnit, and Cucumber
- Advanced knowledge developing REST APIs and micro-services
- Experience with relational, NoSQL, and event streaming database implementations (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka)
- You take the initiative and resolve issues and are able to put forward recommendations
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of Java Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Charlotte Rooseboom, Recruiter on +31 413 49 43 22