Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, sorting systems for parcel and postal services and Warehouse Solutions. Working within our customer site at Jeddah site, the Service Technician will be performing maintenance duties and reactive calls to our Material handling System to ensure productivity and output, equipment asset availability, health & safety compliance, quality, and “team working is optimized” in accordance with agreed timescales.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities)
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains machinery and electrical equipment such as motors, electrical circuits, ATR systems, baggage handling equipment and conveyor systems in accordance with diagrams, electrical drawings, operational manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Exercise safe working practice at all times, complying with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures.
- Prepare and execute service calls, Emergency Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance
- Perform Preventive Maintenance & follow-up on Corrective Maintenance work orders
- Report service calls
- Advise and execute optimization of (sub) systems, consulting the supervisor, control and propose improvements for the quality of the service process
- Develop service supporting tools and means
- Un-jam conveyors and handle errors in the system
- Attend to manual encoding stations and load correction zones
- Complete CMMS Service Reports, Parts Usage and Warranty Records
- Research and Request spare parts as required
- Perform Inventory Counts
- Works fully independently on site on preventive maintenance work
- Identifies problems in planning and tooling etc. Provides input for improvements.
- Helps other service technicians to correct faults.
- Independently corrects the standard faults.
- Instructs and gives guidance to less experienced technicians
- Diploma or Higher (Electrical/Electromechanical)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Electro-mechanical or electrical maintenance
- Requires understanding of electrical and mechanical drawings/prints
- Minimum 2 years of material handling experience (Preferable)
- Minimum 1 year CMMS experience.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Basic knowledge of controls (PLC, PC) systems.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Fully competent and versed in operations and maintenance
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative, who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport ID Badge