In the fast-changing world of Warehouse Logistics automation, we need to constantly adapt to stay ahead. In your role as Senior Manager IT & Remote Services, you ensure that the IT Service solutions and remote support for the Warehouse Market serves the business needs of our customers.
Your responsibilities are twofold:
- Ensure high quality delivery of several IT services to our end-customers and
- Drive the development and deployment of IT and Remote services and accompanying capabilities towards our customer centers (CCs) to stay ahead of market demands.
The IT and Remote Services department develops, deploys and delivers IT services to (and for) our customer centers. The department consists of Service Consultants, System Architects, IT Project Leaders and IT Service Engineers and Managers. In this role you will report to the Director Service Deployment Group within Global Operations.
The Service Deployment Group forms part of the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions focusing on warehousing in the market segments Fashion, General Merchandise and Food.
The IT and Remote Services department works closely with our customer centers who are responsible for the customer relation as well as profit and loss.
In addition, you will work with our Business Strategy, Performance and Transformation (BSPT) department as well as our Technology department on translating business requirements into technical solutions. Furthermore, you work with our service desks around the world on improving the delivery of remote services.
We have a strong ambition to expand and improve our IT & Remote Services. There is a good foundation in place, but the want to speed up to stay on top of market demands. Topics range from new cybersecurity services, improving our remote support around the world and making better use of our installed base (both commercially as operational).
As Senior Manager IT & Remote Services, you set direction together with your team. Your team consists of 3 growing teams with in total 26 FTE. Located in Dortmund (Germany) and Veghel (The Netherlands), these teams are:
- IT Service Design and Consult – consisting of System Architects and Service Consultants IT
- Service IT Projects – consisting of Project Leaders
- IT Service Management – consisting of IT Service Delivery Engineers and Managers
You like the combination of delivering services to our end-customers and developing and deploying services/capabilities. You are well versed in balancing the – sometimes ad hoc – nature of day-to-day operation with delivering projects to achieve our midterm goals.
You actively engage with our customer centers and other departments to realize our development roadmap and ensure day-to-day delivery of IT services that are in your scope. Based on your experience, you have a clear view on how Vanderlande should develop as an IT Service provider.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As owner of the IT & Remote capabilities within warehousing:
- Setup and improve our IT and Remote Services service catalogue
- Create transparency on what capabilities are where in the world
- Execute projects to deploy new services / capabilities and/or improve existing ones
- Day-to-day management of your teams including 4 colleagues that report directly to you and who are purely focusing on developing, deploying and improving IT & Remote services
- Translate the IT & Remote service strategy into a multi-year development roadmap in close cooperation with the market directors and customer centers
- Ensure your department’s targets are met – amongst others IT service order intake, profitability of IT projects and successfully realizing the IT & Remote service roadmap
- Master’s degree in Information management, Industrial Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT and/or Remote Services in a B2B environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading a department of professionals, preferably in an international environment
- Good understanding of IT (service) technologies – knowledge of B2B Service Desks is a plus
- Strong management skills and stakeholder management
- Result driven – you translate abstract objectives and plans into measurable results
- Strong customer and commercial focus, analytical skills
- Good command of English, German or Dutch is a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally (20-30%)
What we offer
In this position, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers.
We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunity for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days)
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office)
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport
- Working from home allowance
- Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills
- A variety of Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives
- A great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, such as Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If this challenging role appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Carlijn Kneepkens (Senior Recruiter) at email@example.com or +31 413 49 51 92.