As a Sourcing Group Lead, you will be responsible for a team of sourcing managers developing and maintaining a reliable supplier base to support current and future projects. You will define and implement the category strategies for components of Vanderlande designed equipment (Electrical and mechanical, both off the shelf and build to print).
During the sales and execution of projects, you will support the sales engineers and project buyers, from specification to delivery of the goods and services. The Sourcing Group Lead is part of the Supply Chain Center North America and will report to the Manager of Strategic Sourcing.
Responsibilities & Tasks of the sourcing group:
Provide a reliable base of approved suppliers to support the business units current and future needs:
- Own and nurture the relationship between key suppliers and Vanderlande, become intimately familiar with suppliers’ capabilities, strengths & weaknesses
- Identify potential new suppliers and manage the supplier assessment, approval, and onboarding, with the input of internal customers
- Negotiate pricing and terms, and implement framework contracts with key suppliers, assist buyers to use suppliers under contract
- Support buyers to escalate and resolve issues with existing suppliers
Anticipate the upcoming project requirements to ensure successful procurement:
- Work proactively with internal customers starting in the sales phase (Project Managers, Sales engineering, Project buyers…) to recommend the right suppliers
- Identify project-specific requirements (technical, volume) in the sales pipeline (12+ months out)
- Support local manufacturing of VI equipment by developing competitive sources for key components
- Provide feedback to adjust projects and products requirements, recommend how to minimize project costs and lead time (manufacturability, procurability, standardization…)
- Communicate upcoming market changes to internal customers (technology, workload, new players, M&A…)
Leverage procurement categories to minimize the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for Vanderlande:
- Be the sourcing point of contact for a portfolio of categories in the NA region
- Propose the optimization of the supplier base for each category (develop, add, remove) based on the risk level (strategic, bottleneck, leverage)
- Develop RFP’s, set selection and award criteria to assess proposals, identify cost reduction opportunities and get them implemented
- Collaborate closely with sourcing managers in all three regions to align the category decisions
- Apply best sourcing practices and identify continuous improvement opportunities in tools and processes (RFI, RFQ, award criteria, spend analysis, supplier scorecards)
- Get stakeholder consensus on large awards and category strategies
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain (or similar field)
- Ability to lead a team to deliver expected results, coach and develop employees
- Prior experience in the material handling industry or other project-based industry
- Purchasing certification (CPM / CPSM or similar) and/or PMP preferred
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Sourcing, Procurement and Supply Chain,
- Seasoned Sourcing professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, ability to set own goals, identify opportunities and get things done
- Result-driven with a sense of urgency, self-directed to prioritize high impact activities, multitask and meet deadlines
- Sense of customer service, cross functional team player, relationship builder
- Superior communicator actively manages stakeholders at every level of the organization.
- Strong people skills and ability to coach, encourage, defend, and persuade others.
- Experience leading a team directly or in a matrix organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, continuous improvement mindset to address issues and their root cause
- Excellent negotiation skills, creative thinker, problem solver
- Ability to summarize complex situations, make decisions and provide clear recommendations
- Experience with advanced procurement methods (should cost, RFQ, linear pricing, EOQ, experience curve, Kraljic matrix…)
- Experience developing and managing KPIs and driving results
- Experience with an international organization, can adopt a global point of view and interface seamlessly with other cultures
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.