- Job Posting Title: Senior Manager R&D
- Job Description Summary: Senior Manager – Development Center Equipment (DCE) India
Vanderlande is working towards higher level of standardization in order to better manage future product development, faster time to market, extended service propositions etc. To support this strategy, Vanderlande is developing a platform to provide standard, configurable solutions via market leading concepts. Standard, productized software is a key part of this strategy.
Research and Development India (R&D or DCE India) is an extended arm of R&D Netherlands and plays a key role in the continuous investment in new products and technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products.
The Senior Manager R&D is responsible for managing various teams working in diverse areas of industrial automation like Software Development, Test and Integration, Robotics, Embedded, Visualisation etc. The person also has challenge to set-up teams and lab in innovation and new technology areas such as AI/ML within DCE India. This leader role will be working with multidisciplinary (Mech., Electromechanical, Controls) development and product management teams internationally and locally to deliver on product and project initiatives.
The Senior Manager R&D is a member of and active contributor to the DCE India Management Team.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Working as the Senior Manager R&D within DCE India, this role will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support, mentor, coach, manage and grow the teams in India
- Look for opportunities in new technology areas and start the cooperation
- Inculcate innovation culture within DCE India
- Interact and collaborate with 3rd parties in India for joint developments
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Technical Product Owners, and Software Architects in refinement and defining feature functionality and acceptance criteria to meet product roadmap
- Taking a lead role in continuous improvements of complex software systems/product/technology that are under development
- Ensure the use of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Drive increasing development performance with KPI based metrics around quality, and speed of development etc. and communicate with management/stakeholders on those metrics and milestones
- Deliver software with increasing use of automation for testing and delivery
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to meet expected deliverables
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electronics / Computer Science, or equivalent
- Overall 20+ years of progressive professional experience in Software Development and leading the teams
- Knowledge of Software Development (C/C++/C#) and experience in soft and/or hard real-time operating systems, preferably Linux
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of technical/operational experience managing software development in high-performance, low latency application architectures and software products
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with SCRUM teams and Agile Development
- Experience in working with multinational teams within a matrix organization
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology within the SDLC
- Industrial Automation experience is a big plus
- Controls development within Warehouse/Material handling controls system or equivalent
- Working experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of container-based applications utilizing Kubernetes clusters
- Good command over English
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team) and ability to influence at various levels of the organization
- Soft skills essential for R&D job: Taking Initiative, Creativity, Cooperation, Learning Ability, Advising, Systemic Thinking, Analysing & listening
- Strong analytical/leadership abilities. Able to drive team members to rapid technical recommendations
- Not afraid to take responsibility in a dynamic working environment
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please write to Mr. Vispi Karkaria, Senior Recruiter – Vispi.Karkaria@vanderlande.com along with subject line “Senior Manager – Development Center Equipment (DCE) India”.
We love to hear from you.