Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification, and commissioning of Material Handling Systems, Warehouse Automation and Parcel Sortation systems for our customers throughout North America. In this position, you will be working with an engineering project team in the development of an automation or parcel sortation system. You will be responsible for ensuring the design meets the customer requirements, is coordinated with other trades to minimize conflicts during installation, can be installed with efficiency, and maintain excellent communication with the site team.
- Serve as a Senior Mechanical Engineer on medium to large and complex material handling projects.
- Work with project lead to evaluate project planning/schedule of all engineering tasks required to complete a project and evaluate resource needs and required durations.
- Mentor project engineers to ensure tasks are completed on time, within budget, and with a high level of quality.
- Coordinate / lead / coach / train less experienced Engineers
- Focus on process improvements
- Work in concert with other departments; controls engineering, supply chain, project management, site management, etc. to ensure complete system design and functionality is achieved.
- Translate customer drawings and specifications into a fully functional mechanical system
- Specify the mechanical equipment required, including both Vanderlande manufactured and third party purchased items
- Calculate system component loads and translate reactive forces to the building structure
- Document all engineering decisions through design plans, complete and clear installation files, and engineering instructions directed to a site supervisor and installation subcontractor
- Support the installation and commissioning both on site, and from the Marietta office
- Perform spatial analysis of clearance envelopes, egress pathways and fork truck vehicular aisles
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D and 3D
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically with occasional international opportunities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to think conceptually (overall system) and translate this into a detailed system design
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is natural
- Strong communicator, able to effectively understand and set expectations for deliverables
- Able to handle time sensitive situations and quickly set the right priorities, while maintaining a firm grasp of the details
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.