The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for the translation and optimization of functionality sold to a working mechanical design within the budget in consultation with other disciplines. The projects are material handling systems at airports (BHS-Baggage Handling systems), Warehouses, and Parcel & Postal (WPP-systems) in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Serve as a Senior Mechanical Engineer on medium to large and complex material handling projects
- Work with project lead to evaluate project planning/schedule of all engineering tasks required to complete a project and evaluate resource needs and required durations
- Mentor project resources to ensure tasks are completed on time, within budget, and with a high level of quality
- Coordinate / lead / coach / train Engineers
- Focus on process improvements (multi-disciplinary)
- Work in concert with other departments; controls engineering, supply chain, project management, site management, etc. to ensure complete system design and functionality is achieved
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar industry experience
- 5 or more years of experience working with a team of engineers for the realization and execution of a project – ideally in material handling markets, but other construction type projects could be applicable (building construction, plant redesigns, piping or refinery projects, etc…)
- Capable of supporting multiple projects in the engineering and installation phase
- Able to manage conflicts and relationships within project team as well as with other disciplines
- Able to advise and coordinate a project team with Lay-out Engineers and Mechanical Project Engineers
- Is a system and concept thinker and can translate this into a detail system design
- Able to "direct" a Project Manager by guiding them from the MPE standpoint
- Able to oversee all activities (multi-disciplinary) within a project, and can take within the scope of the project decisions in the interest of Vanderlande
- Sufficient experience working with other operational departments to integrate mechanical engineering efforts into coordinated project success
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally (20%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.