Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
• Process engineering specifications to order messages (ETO)
• Managing open order messages and translating these into purchase orders.
• Process procured engineering specifications to purchase orders.
• Coordinating and monitoring the internal order approval process.
• Monitoring and entering order acknowledgements.
• Entering and maintaining supplier and item (master) data in ERP system.
• Archiving of purchase orders and acknowledgements.
• Expedite and follow up with Open Orders based on Equipment Delivery Program (EDP) dates.
• Report status of the Open Orders to Supply Chain Coordinators
• Implements improved ways of working in the department
• Coordinating resolutions to questions from suppliers or quality issues.
• Coordinating resolutions to receiving and payment issues.
• Measuring and monitoring of supplier performance.
• Self-reliant and works without supervision
• Compares and negotiates price deals for standard products and/or with established and approved suppliers.
• Submits claims in case suppliers deviate from agreed terms and conditions.
• Identifies recurring problems.
• Improves own way of working and identifies aspects that need improvement.
Required Education and Experience:
• In this role it is of high importance to be a highly organized and structured worker.
• High level of organization and detail oriented.
• BS, BA degree.
• Experience with entering and expediting purchase orders.
• Experience with ERP systems (JD Edwards E1 preferred).
• Good computer skills.
• Technical / Mechanical training or experience.
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience working in teams.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• 5+ years of experience as a Operational Buyer II or equivalent
• Ability to read engineering drawings
• Ability to work in a team; team player.
• Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing
• Knowledge and Ability to work well with Excel
• Ability to adapt to different situations/Flexible
• Must have great customer service
• Must have negotiating and procurement skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high energy office environment
• Must be hands on and have a “take charge mentality.”
• Must be confident
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to coach, guide, and train lower level buyers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position requires up 5% travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is for the most part sedentary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.