Are you Buyer with excellent communication skills who is the spider in the web within our pragmatic and dynamic work environment? We are looking for a stable, studious, and independent colleague with Batchelor degree and thinking level who is ready for the next step in the Ordering team.
The Ordering department is part of VOICE and falls within Vanderlande India is responsible for the non-project related buying. A smooth execution of work depends on a strong Ordering organization. Placing orders, monitoring, and chasing existing orders for delivery time, reliability, and quality in combination with the challenging delivery times.
The Ordering team is responsible for the NPR procurement for India office support.
As a NPR Buyer you take care of the non-project purchasing activities e.g. material e.g. IT hardware & Software, office supply, Admin related buying, Electrical and Mechanical products for R&D team, Hiring Engineering contractors services, etc (ordering – monitoring – aftercare) with supplier as per our internal requirement, You place purchase orders with suppliers, monitor confirmations and ensure changes in planning and specifications if require. You monitor the agreed delivery dates and coordinate the logistics management to a supplier. In this role you will work with (sometimes complex) issues from suppliers and the internal organization and you will be responsible for solving these independently and proactively. You coordinate for logistics (Import & Export) in case overseas supplier. This requires critical and close collaboration with other internal departments. This includes preparing Supplier Review Meetings, monitoring and improving supplier performance and independently handling escalations. You have a proactive attitude in recognizing and initiating possible short- and long-term improvements with the aim of bringing the performance of the Ordering department to a higher level.
For this position, we require:
- Batchelor degree and thinking level in the direction of business administration, economics, supply chain or operations with at least 5 years work experience or a completed education in business administration, economics, supply chain
- Affinity with technology, you are able to build up the necessary product and material knowledge in a short time
- Good command of the English and Dutch language in word and writing
- Knowledge of ERP and supporting systems. (JD Edwards, Advanced forms, Enovia, Tungsten, Trade shift, Qlick sense, Hubble)
- Knowledge of Procure to pay and adjacent processes.
- Ability to independently perform RFQs (request for quotations)
- Knowledge of category data analyzes such as spend, supplier performance, item masterdata)
- Experience in preparing and leading Business review meetings
- Strong communicator, accurate, good analytical insight and able to maintain an overview and set the right priorities within a complex environment
- Commercially strong
- Knowledge of India related Import & Export coordination and documentation.
- Flexible team player who can work with a diversity of people and cultures
- Skilled in problem solving techniques such as QRCM, 8D, 5W2H.
- You proactively and independently tackle problems and challenges and find solutions
- You can deal with a healthy tension and pressure in a dynamic/international company
- You are able to work quickly and switch quickly
- You work in a disciplined, structured way and are able to look beyond the boundaries of your field