Vanderlande is seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial/Payroll Analyst to join our Hire to Retire (H2R) team. This position will be based out of our headquarters in Marietta, GA reporting directly to the FSSC Manager.
This position deals with payroll controlling matters (forecasting on salaries, bonus, and vacation accrual), maintains payroll-related accounts and is responsible for the reconciliation and accuracy of one or more accounts within a complex accounting system. Works with the sales teams closely and focuses on payroll compliancy in bids, but also comes up with most cost-effective solutions. Maintains proper documentation of payroll compliancy and optimization in sales process. Prepares various accounting papers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries. Acts as liaison between payroll department and data processing, systems, or Information Systems department to ensure payroll staff understanding and implementation of payroll system requirements and revisions. Works closely with payroll staff in identifying need for system revisions, formulating system requests and recommendations, and analyzing post-implementation results of system changes. Keeps payroll staff informed of easier, quicker methods available for their use.
- Ensure reports are accurate and recorded to the general ledger for month-end reporting
- Work with others in the Finance, Sales, Sr. Management and HR departments, as appropriate, to understand employee bonus plans, salary forecasting, tariff calculations, etc. as related to budget
- Works closely with the sales team for optimization of costs and compliancy during bids
- Maintains and trains on sales controlling processes as it relates to payroll
- Provide payroll tax calculation to other departments (i.e., Sales) to accurately price/bid projects and for planning purposes
- TEB analysis and review tariff calculation differences booked by hours writing
- Prepare salary forecasting and budgets
- Prepare and post bonus accrual and prior year release (if applicable) each month
- Work with the controllers to update latest estimates (LEs), when needed
- Prepare payroll journal entries and accruals, reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare payroll controls and APC reporting
- Reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile vacation balance between Workday and on our financial reports/TEB
- Assist with AMS tickets and any ticket related to taxes
- Manage Workday pay components and testing with HR on pay components
- Update/Create Workday reports
- Have desire to continue learning such as with the American Payroll Association, obtain FPC or CPP certifications, or other reliable resources
- Be a team player, with a positive attitude willing to take ownership of activities outside the own job responsibility when necessary
- Participation in ad hoc projects and audits, including projects not directly related to payroll and reports when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other relevant degree
- 5 years’ experience in a Financial role, preferably in a dynamic, international environment
- Advanced proficiency of MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience with Payroll accounting
- Workday Reporting Experience (Payroll and Time Tracking) a plus
- Highly motivated and comfortable in a multi-tasking environment
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- “Can do” attitude willing to take ownership of activities outside direct job responsibility when necessary
- Ability to identify, initiate and take ownership of continuous improvement activities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.