As a senior software engineer you are responsible for designing, programming, testing and maintaining High Level Control software. This software implements business logic in material handling systems and forms the part of our systems that interact with the users. The, often complex, functionality of the software includes business logic, controls for logistical transport, communication with external computer systems, reporting, data analysis and simulation. This functionality is spread across the various components of the HLC suites.
You take the lead in designing, programming and testing the software based on a design concept and a set of requirements. In some cases, you will have to personally formulate these requirements together with the (end) users and/or internal stakeholders.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an enthusiastic, experienced, result-driven and versatile senior software engineer with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Participating in software and system design for large and complex projects
- Creating detailed application designs and implement these in code
- Verifying SW Components and create unit tests
- Supporting testing and integration of SW Components
- Creating SW Documentation and UML diagrams
- Analysing, troubleshooting and fixing internally and externally encountered problems and requested changes
- Being a committed team player and lead in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team including planning and reporting
- Taking part in communities of practice
- Providing support within the team and to outside stakeholders
- Ensuring continuous improvement through knowledge sharing within the team as well as outside the team, and applying lessons-learnt.
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5 years of working experience as a software engineer
- Oracle 12, Toad and SQL Developer, SQL Developer Datamodeler, OUnit, UT PL/SQL
- XML/XSD and SQL
- Development of OLTP applications and Data warehouse applications
- Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control and Test management tools
- Knowledge of Oracle Performance tuning, JavaEE 6.0 or higher, Java SE, C# is an advantage
- Experience with Maven, Continuous Integration and delivery and Container based deployment is an advantage
- The Agile methodology, including Scrum and Kanban
- Both oral and written English. Dutch is an advantage.
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
27 days of vacations & 13 ADV days
Flexible working hours
Training and coaching to support personal development
Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you are ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information contact Annelieke van der Poel, Recruiter on +31413494599 .