The Project Scheduler is responsible for the project schedules for large and multi-disciplinary projects, starting at the Sales Phase and from Design, Engineering and manufacturing to Installation, Commissioning and Testing. The Project Scheduler communicates progress and changes to all stakeholders. The projects are material handling system at airports (BHS-Baggage Handling systems) and Warehouses and Parcel & Postal (WPP-systems) in North America, Canada and Mexico. Knowledge of EVM reporting, CPM scheduling and planning tools is essential.
- Create Project Quotation Schedules for projects while taking all customer requirements and available resources into consideration.
- Determine lead times in conjunction with sales engineering, manufacturing, and subcontractors.
- Support the Sales Team on planning, milestones, and deliverables.
- Create Project Master Schedule based on the Project Quotation Schedule and other contract requirements.
- Support Project Management on Project Schedule (detailing Engineering, Supply, Shipping, Installation and Commissioning) and contract related schedule coordination.
- Maintain and analyze the schedule pro-actively in order to anticipate risks and opportunities and enable optimal project execution. Sets priorities and monitors integral project consequences.
- Coordinate and control the complete Supply chain in conjunction with the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Monitor Project Milestones, actively participate in open-up, project progress and close down meetings.
- Compose reports for Management Information and Project Analysis.
- Coordinate implementation of change orders into Project Master Schedule.
- Support Project Management in claim preparation/countering.
- Evaluate the scheduling process (tools, practices, and procedures) and suggest improvements to these processes.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling and methodology.
- Experience using Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Willing and able to travel to job sites for meetings with customers and site management 10% of the time.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a scheduler.
- Experience with Primavera P6.
- Background in Material Handling/Conveyance, Construction or Engineering Environment.
- Profound knowledge of EVM reporting.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills – written and verbal at all levels within the organization.
- Able to work with Primavera as part of an integrated corporate system.
- Team player with a strong willingness to learn and adapt to a dynamic international environment.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate information, culture and process to bring maximum effect in a short amount of time.
- Capable of managing the project schedule of multiple projects simultaneously and keep the helicopter view over the projects.
- High energy, drive to win and maintaining personal motivation over the long haul.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. #LI-JJ1