As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
The Senior Project Manager manages multi-million dollar Baggage Handling Projects or Parcel Distribution Systems throughout North America. The role is for an experienced business professional with an entrepreneurial background and in depth understanding of executing major material handling systems in a multi-disciplinary environment. As important as the project manager skills and background are the candidate’s method of handling team, resource, stakeholder, and material challenges.
• Assume administrative, contractual, technical and financial control of the project.
• Organize the Project Team and develop effective relationships; supervise and mentor Project Managers levels 1 and 2.
• Preserve the integrated system design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements.
• Manage the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the contract to include meeting contribution margin, revenue recognition, and utilization targets.
• Report monthly project status.
• Act as primary interface with customer.
• Manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Lead a multi-disciplined team and sub-contractors; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate many concurrent and sequencing activities, develop the people associated with the Team, promote effective interactions among many departments and provide the project team with leadership.
• Effectively, manage risk and opportunities.
• Travel, as required, to perform the tasks as described for this position. Extended travel periods may be required during the commissioning and acceptance phase of each project.
• Manage the project cash flow and schedule of deliverables against price/time curves; Exercise overall profit responsibility for the total project.
• Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the successful completion medium to large projects ($50M plus) in the Construction and/or Material Handling Industry.
• Minimum 15 years of Project Management experience demonstrating increasing levels of project value and complexity.
• Leadership capability to create a unified and motivated project team.
• Excellent stakeholder management, verbal and written communication skills.
• Independent decision making ability with strong financial focus.
• Strong subcontractor management experience.
• Ability to manage diverse team of internal disciplines.
• Manage complex group of stakeholder’s and customer consultants.
• Experience with project and company financial management.
• Sound knowledge of contract law.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.