The Senior Project Manager manages multi-million dollar Baggage Handling Projects at airports throughout North America. The candidate is a business professional with an entrepreneurial background and in-depth understanding of executing major systems projects in a multi-disciplinary environment. Skills and background are as important as the candidate’s way of managing projects, people, expectations and vendors.
• Assume administrative, contractual, technical, and financial control of the project.
• Organize the Project Team and develop effective relationships; supervise and mentor Project Managers levels I and II.
• Preserve the integrated system design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements.
• Manage the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the contract
• Report monthly project status.
• Act as primary interface with customer.
• Manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Lead a multi-disciplined team and sub-contractors; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate many concurrent and sequencing activities, develop the people associated with the Team, promote effective interactions among many departments and provide the project team with leadership.
• Effectively manage risk and opportunities.
• Travel, as required, to perform the tasks as described for this position. Extended travel periods may be required during the commissioning and acceptance phase of each project.
• Manage the project cash flow and schedule of deliverables against price/time curves; Exercise overall profit responsibility for the total project.
• Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the successful completion medium to large projects ($50M plus) in the Construction and/or Material Handling Industry.
• Minimum 15 years of Project Management experience demonstrating increasing levels of project value and complexity.
• Leadership capability to create a unified and motivated project team.
• Excellent stakeholder management, verbal and written communication skills.
• Independent decision making ability with strong financial focus.
• Strong subcontractor management experience.
• Ability to manage diverse team of internal disciplines.
• Manage complex group of stakeholder’s and consultants within the airport and security industry.
• Sound knowledge of contract law.