The Project Manager manages multimillion-dollar automated material handling projects in Warehouse Automation throughout North America. We are seeking a business professional with an entrepreneurial background and in-depth understanding of executing major material handling systems in a multi-disciplinary environment. We are a fast-paced matrixed organization seeking a PM with not only the technical background to do the job but just as importantly work in a team environment. Project Manager may report to a Project Director on a large program or directly manage smaller projects.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead administrative, contractual, technical, and financial aspects of the projects.
- Lead and Organize the project team and develop effective relationships.
- Preserve the integrated system design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements.
- Manage the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the contract, both internal commitments and actions as well as holding the customer accountable for their commitments.
- Report monthly project status.
- Act as the primary interface with customer and key stakeholders.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects as required.
- Lead a multi-disciplined team and sub-contractors; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate many concurrent and sequencing activities, develop the people associated with the team, promote effective interactions among many departments, and provide the project team with leadership.
- Manage risks and seek opportunities.
- Manage project cash flow and schedule of deliverables against price/time curves.
- Exercise overall profit responsibility for the total project.
- Minimum 10 years of Project Management experience demonstrating increasing levels of project value and complexity.
- Experience with completion of medium sized projects (up to $75M) in the Construction and/or Material Handling Industry.
- Strong subcontractor management experience.
- Experience managing complex group of stakeholders and consultants within complex project
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% (Note: Most travel is done on weekdays).
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical field.
- PMP, P.E., or LEED Certification/Accreditation.
- Experience with Automated Control Systems.
- Experience working for an international organization.
- Leadership capability to create a unified and motivated project team.
- Excellent stakeholder management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent decision-making ability with strong financial focus.
- Sound knowledge of contract law.
- Ability to manage diverse team of internal disciplines.