Senior Quality Engineer
The Quality Assurance Department works in close cooperation with Project Engineers, R&D and Supply Chain Management. The Quality Assurance team acts as an advisor and gatekeeper for maintaining the Vanderlande Quality Standard both for product and process standards.
In the event product issues arise, the department ensures that containment, corrective and preventive actions are taken in close cooperation with Site, R&D and Services. At which point advising R&D about product enhancements is key. Also, the Quality Department is leading the Field Quality Board which monitors and solves structural issues in the field.
The Quality engineer acts as an advisor and gatekeeper for maintaining the Vanderlande Quality Standard. The Senior Quality Engineer (SQE) is the main coordinator for the release process of a product/supplier combination and is the lead for solving issues with supplies parts to ensure customer projects are supported in a maximum way.
Essential Functions (Job Duties & Responsibilities):
- Product/process audits and pre-delivery inspections
- Makes pre-delivery plans and/or audit plans
- Determines in advance the scope of the investigation based on a risk evaluation. Consulting with project or supply chain stakeholders, as needed
- Plans the supplier visit with the sourcing manager
- Provides input to the supplier audit year plan
- Reports in a fact-based way regarding the performed audit/inspection
- Reviews on a regular basis audit/inspection reports of peer
- Works and participates as part of the global team of QE Engineers
- Works according to process/standards as agreed upon within the global Quality Network and set within Vanderlande
- Cooperating in the solving of structural issues worked on by the Field Quality Board
- Supports and guides the Quality Inspector in executing current or incoming product inspections and measurements
- Responsible for the correct documentation in the event inspections are executed by the Quality Inspector
- Outsources Measurements to external expertise if needed (e.g. mechanical properties, environmental testing etc.)
- Is responsible for setting correct classifications of defects if detected
Product/supplier combination release:
- Coordinates the release process for critical to quality products (parts and assemblies) towards a supplier
- Explains and guides the supplier in manufacturability and reproducibility
- Supports pilot production
- Supports the supplier in making Quality Plans (e.g. Control Plan to enable monitoring of mass production)
- Advises R&D Engineers on product specifications and tolerances (focus on measurability and manufacturability)
- Applies Production Part Approval Process and requests and reviews release evidence
- Requests and executes counter product measurements in case needed
- Documents release results including counter measurements performed on First Article samples
Handling Product Quality Issues:
- Evaluates the nature of site incidents/ part rejects which are supplier related
- Ensures that containment actions are organized to limit the impact for site
- Reports actions taken in the appropriate tooling (ERP system and/or Site Incidents Handling Tooling)
- Issues in case needed formal complaints towards suppliers (SCAR)
- Organizes and coordinates rework and redelivery of products
- In case of recurring and complex or severe problems, the senior Quality Engineer organizes a root cause analysis team (multi-disciplinary) to ensure corrective and preventive actions can be taken. Coordinates a site visit in case a more in-depth investigation is necessary
- Reports about this via 8D or comparable method
- Evaluates the necessity to report the product issues to the Field Quality Board, in case this needs to be coordinated across more customer projects/service sites
- Prepares in that case the risk analysis
- Provides input for QA process improvements
- Reports on relevant KPI’s
- Has an active role in documenting QA process descriptions
- Serves as a peer for the QA team globally
- Support in executing Internal Process audits if requested
Customer Project support:
- Provides input for Project Quality Assurance Plans
- Supports in setting up the structure for monitoring product issues (support with ticket system)
- Facilitates Customer audits in case applicable
- Supports in providing of certificates of conformance or test report evidence in case the customer project requires
Knowledge and Competences:
- 3-5+ years of experience working as a Quality Engineer or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (technical preferred)
- Verbal and written communication in English. Preferable another foreign language
- Ability to think in business risks and opportunities
- Self-starter and planner of own work
- (Mechanical) Engineering background or obtained via relevant working experience
- Experience in applying problem solving methods (8D, Shainin, Kepner&Tregoe)
- Based on statistical knowledge; Historgam, Process Capability, etc.
- Familiar with Lean, Six sigma and statistical methods
- Qualified Lead auditor or willing to follow an external training
- Experience with International Management System Standards such as ISO9001/ NEN-EN 1090 etc.
- Process/product FMEA
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.