The Quality Assurance Department works in close cooperation with Project Engineers, R&D and Supply Chain Management. The Quality Assurance team acts as an advisor and gatekeeper for maintaining the Vanderlande Quality Standard both for product and process standards.
In the event product issues arise, the department ensures that containment, corrective and preventive actions are taken in close cooperation with Site, R&D and Services. At which point advising R&D about product enhancements is key. Also, the Quality Department is leading the Field Quality Board which monitors and solves structural issues in the field.
The Quality engineer acts as an advisor and gatekeeper for maintaining the Vanderlande Quality Standard. The Senior Quality Engineer (SQE) is the main coordinator for the release process of a product/supplier combination and is the lead for solving issues with supplies parts to ensure customer projects are supported in a maximum way.
Essential Functions (Job Duties & Responsibilities):
- Initiates and leads the corrective action process; collaborates with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering personnel to identify root cause and ensures robust corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Conducts process and product audits to support Vanderlande’s supplier selection activities.
- Completes assessment of supplier processes and metrics to determine if their processes are adequate and capable of consistently delivering products to specification.
- Develops, initiates and leads, risk mitigation efforts; identifies risk to Vanderlande’s supply chain and supplier systemic performance issues and collaborates with suppliers to develop action plans to drive root cause corrective and preventative actions.
- Drive continuous product/process improvements utilizing statistical/analytical improvement tools.
- Works with key suppliers to ensure performance to Vanderlande requirements.
- Supports equipment relocations and new product introduction; reviews and approves Suppliers PPAP’s and audit the deliverables, which can include: Control Plans, Capability Studies, Gage R&R, and PFEMA.
- Serves as the voice of Quality during cross-functional meetings driving issues to closure.
- Prevents or minimizes business impact from supplied material non-conformances.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be necessary to support the assignment and weekly reports.
- Collaborate and foster positive working relationships with suppliers and internal teams.
Knowledge and Competences:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Quality Engineer or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (Mechanical and Industrial Engineering preferred)
- Verbal and written communication in English. Preferable another foreign language
- Ability to think in business risks and opportunities
- Self-starter and planner of own work
- (Mechanical) Engineering background or obtained via relevant working experience
- Experience in applying problem solving methods (8D, Shainin, Kepner&Tregoe)
- Experience with Lean, Six sigma and statistical methods
- Qualified Lead Auditor
- Experience with International Management System Standards such as ISO9001/ NEN-EN 1090 etc.
- Process/product FMEA
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.