As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
As part of the sales team, it is your responsibility to identify and analyze the customer’s needs and transfer those into a successful system design, which is a perfect match between the customer’s business needs and our products and capabilities. You will present this in a clear and understandable way to the customer. In order to come to the best competitive offer you need to challenge the customer, the sales team and the internal organization. The projects are Warehouse Automation & Parcel Sortation Systems in North America and you will report to the Manager Sales Engineering.
- Identify the customer’s automation needs through discussions with customers.
- Independently develop automated material handling system design based on customer automation needs for more complicated projects.
- Find solutions for technical issues.
- Evaluate the designs based on cost, functionality, business needs and risks.
- Take calculated risks taking into account commercial/legal guidelines and restrictions.
- Convert system design into lay-out and lead the sales lay-out engineer(s).
- Manage the bid process and the sales design team.
- Discuss sales tactic with the sales manager and convert the chosen tactic into actions for the sales team.
- Price the designed system.
- Write proposals and present clearly and convincingly to the customer.
- Build and maintain constructive working relationship with customer.
- Manage multiple sales projects simultaneously.
- Train less experienced sales engineers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or higher working level.
- Experience with logistical processes and system design.
- Experience with both controls and mechanical technology.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong focus on constructive customer relationships.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written.
- Works well in multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong sales acumen.
- Ability to lead a small team.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial international organization, especially working within a project organization, where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.