Senior SCADA developer
As senior SCADA Developer you will be working in an international team developing an equipment monitor component that functions as the interface between equipment and user of our Baggage Handling Systems. The component is used in different phases of projects ranging from the engineering, commissioning, acceptance and production environment. You will be a technical point of contact for the component for the SCADA-engineer as well as the whole project-team in case of problems with this component.
Since the framework is used on multiple projects, from small to large with a short to long duration, it’s a pre if you have common understanding and experience with backwards compatibility, version-control, automatic deployment and testing of software.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an enthusiastic, experienced, result-driven and versatile senior software engineer with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Software development for the purpose of a standardized Visualisation Library
- Software development for the project specific modules.
- Strong interaction with the internal customer and team, in some cases with the external customer
- Actively participate in the definition phase of a project
- Create project configurations for the components
- Deploy component in both factory-, and site environments.
- Verification of deployment of components in factory-, and site environments
- Analyze, troubleshoot and fix problems
- Deliver input for test-, and integration plans
- Equip test environments (prepare, build-, and configure the test environment)
- Independently execute the integration-, system- and acceptance tests in the factory and on site
- Provide support within the project team and to outside stakeholders
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- Higher Professional Education (BSc) qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant technical subject
- Development experience with higher programming languages, like C# and/or Java.
- Knowledge of Siemens Scada systems. Knowledge of other systems, like Schneider Electric, and PLC control-systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of Interfaces to control-systems: S7 and OPC. Knowledge of AB /Modbus/IEC/SNMP is an advantage
- Knowledge of generic IT technology (AD, XML, (near) RealTime, HTTP(S))
- Knowledge of Database technology (Oracle/SQL/NoSQL) is an advantage
- Affinity with User-interface programming and Web technology.
- Basic knowledge of test processes with interest/insight in multidisciplinary environments
- Experience with Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control and Test management tools.
- Relevant knowledge and experience about one of the VI business domains (baggage handling) is a pre
- Enthusiastic result-driven professional
- Analytically strong and positively judicial
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands-on attitude
- Strong communication skills with good command of the English language