Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. We’re looking to grow our SCADA Engineering team and need engineers at different levels in their career to join our team in the UK. The UK engineering team works as an integrated part of the worldwide Vanderlande Engineering team consisting of over 800 engineers from all automated handling disciplines. A SCADA Engineer joining the UK team has the opportunities and potential to join a wide and diverse range of projects, so we’re looking for engineers with the passion and willingness to learn and develop, the ability to deliver projects to challenging standards and above all, to add value to our customers at home and abroad. The primary location for this role is our office nearby to London Heathrow Airport, although some travel may be required to our project sites around the UK and occasionally internationally.
This role will suit a team player who is capable of collecting data, converting this into useful information and imparting it to others. Adaptable by nature, you will ensure conformity with protocols and systems in an area of work covering administrative, specialist and technical project engineering and have the persistence to see a job through the entire lifecycle of requirements, design, commissioning, testing and service transition into the customer’s live operation. The ideal applicant will love operating as part of a multi-disciplinary and versatile team of like-minded engineers, will be dependable, a good listener and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner. Standard operating procedures are important, so if you’re organised, structured and capable of communicating facts within your area of knowledge and expertise as well as being consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise, with a willingness to learn then this role will suit you. As well as experienced engineers, we would love to hear from recent graduates or students graduating this year keen to embark upon your career in engineering.
Your responsibilities and activities will be:
- Planning and organizing SCADA and Controls Production
- Producing SCADA Controls Design and Software Manage the Budget
- Ensuring SCADA designs meet Health and Safety standards
- Ensuring SCADA design maintains VI standards where necessary
- Project SCADA Technical Support where necessary
- Flexible in working hours and location.
You should have all or some of the understanding in the following areas:
- Preferred qualification in Control Automation/Software/Computer engineering.
- Knowledge of an object orientated programming language. (Such as C++, Visual Basic, Python, Java, C#)
- Knowledge in Web UI Design and preparing Graphic User Interfaces
- Technical Knowledge of SCADA controls
- Desired Background in automation systems
- Preferred knowledge on WinCC OA & or WinCC 7 but not essential.
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva