The Senior Service Technician will be a main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the mechanical/electrical level supervising a team.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Exercise safe working practice at all times
- Inspect and diagnose complex mechanical/electrical systems
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical systems
- Perform specified preventive maintenance
- Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
- Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
- Attend to faults, alarms and warnings
- Monitor reporting through CMMS, including generating and closing work orders
- React to messages from the Control Room or manager
- React to messages from the Operations Teams regarding Preventive or Corrective Maintenance
- Perform monthly CM/PM, including inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement parts as needed
- Assist with supervision of employees assigned to the team
- Ensure quality of maintenance executed on-site according to contract agreed with the customer(s)
- Manage system issues on-site with the maintenance team, manager and the customer
- Setup and maintain work schedule to ensure fulfilment of contract deliverables and more.
- Provide assistance to Manager (if applicable) on daily operations and perform as the manager in his absence.
- Ensure proper levels of supplies (spare parts, tools and office supplies) and manage vendor interactions.
- Initiate process improvements to ensure continuous improvement of the maintenance performance to the contract.
- Acts independently in several technical tasks
- Identifies issues that need extra attention.
- Solves problems which disturb the daily operation.
- Trains less experienced employees.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 year technical experienced in an industrial environment
- Working experience with mechanical, electrical and controls (PLC, PC) systems
- 2 years of prior experience as a Lead Technician
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of 2 years Material Handling Experience
- Minimum of 1 year CMMS Experience preferred
- Self-Starter and Pro-active
- Detail Oriented and Stress Resistant
- Customer Oriented
- Innovative and Self Assured
- Decision Making Ability
- Strong leadership skills, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Fully competent and versed in operations and maintenance
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety practices
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
This position requires no travel.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- This position works in a distribution center environment. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain customer order deliveries.
- The worker will work in indoor environments.
- While performing the maintenance aspect duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. Operate and maintain equipment and measurement instruments.
- Frequently exposed to the material handling system, mechanical parts and vibration.
- They will take the lead to identify and fix mechanical problems with machinery, and they commonly work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
- Regularly required to talk and hear through a handheld radio and telephone. The environment can also be loud because of equipment.
- Knowledge and utilization of PPE (i.e., safety glasses, gloves, etc.) is required.
- Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee at times will lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Regularly lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.