As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
As a Sr. Service Technician, you will be responsible for the preparation, execution and reporting of maintenance activities, and for solving errors within the material handling system.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Identifying causes of faults in the Low-Level Controls and High-Level Controls systems, and working with the Controls Helpdesks to resolve such faults
- Daily maintenance activities
- Daily monitoring of equipment condition
- Duties described in the Organization’s SQE Management System
- Identifying causes of, and rectifying, equipment failures
- Solving of most complex errors in an ACP system.
- Execution of preventive maintenance (both electrical and mechanical)
- Reporting of executed maintenance activities
- Execution of inspections
- Analysis of system errors
- Replacements of machine spare parts
- Reporting of problems and maintenance activities that need attention
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience of supporting automated systems with a good level of electro- mechanical skills
- Electrical fault-finding and fault-rectification skills, including the replacement and configuration of field devices (inverters, sensors, scanners etc)
- Mechanical fault-finding and fault-rectification skills (gearboxes / bearings / sprockets / drives etc)
- Experience with electrical schematics / wiring diagrams
- Skilled in the use of standard electrical test instruments.
- Relevant vocational and / or technical qualifications.
- Warehouse Operations experience
- Conveyor services or material handling services experience
- Service minded
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritize work as and when needed
- Good team player
- Willing to learn and improve technical capabilities
- Planning & organizing
- Stress resistance
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position supporting a 24/7 operation site.
Occasional travel in North America is required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Although a Controls Engineer predominantly works in the office, they also spend time at a customer site, where they sometimes handle packages or automatic equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed the baggage / package handling systems, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The Controls Support Engineer will encounter mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment. Ear protection should be worn.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This position operates in the secured area of the customer site and may require a security badge. Applicants are required to pass a background check, as provided by applicable state and federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.