Based out of our Sydney office in North Sydney and working with staff on highly automated, state of the art facilities around metropolitan Sydney, the primary purpose of your role is to support each site in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of our safety management systems. You will implement programs and initiatives to maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel from both Projects and Service teams.
You will need to have a practical working understanding of current Australian WHS legislation, Codes of Practice and relevant Safety Standards and Regulatory Guidance Material. Reporting directly to the National HSE Manager, you will need to have the ability to work autonomously, in teams, and constantly exceed expectations.
This role demands that you are enthusiastic and passionate about WHS & APS, with the ability to motivate, coach and mentor staff to consistently meet and exceed expectations whilst providing a fun and safe environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide support, coordination, and advice of HSE practices, systems, and procedures.
- Build Relationships with both internal and external stakeholder
- Perform Site Safety Inductions, Plant & Equipment Inductions
- Assist in Contractor Management from an HSE Perspective, including Verification of Competencies
- Conduct and support regular safety reporting requirements
- Conduct risk assessments, HSE audits and inspections.
- Assist in the development, review, and maintenance of site safety documentation, including SWMS
- Provide direction and support to both the Project and Service departments to develop and implement HSE systems and programs.
- Implement occupational health and safety procedures based on approved company policies in the areas of health, safety.
- Maintaining records of all HSE requirements at the work place, in accordance with legislative and company requirements.
- Conduct return to work coordinator activities
- Coordinate and conduct investigations to find the of causes and identify mitigation strategies to prevent re-occurrence, which may include the liaison with regulatory officials.
- Provide HSE advice and technical input to material handling system designs and layouts.
- Training management
Your qualifications and skills
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you demonstrate the following;
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- HSE experience in a construction environment
- Experience in WH&S/HSE Supervision techniques and tools
- Strong knowledge of applicable safety legislation, codes, and Australian Standards
- Ability to plan, organise, and supervise HSE operations including conducting and interpreting audits, inspections, risk assessments, and reviews
- Proficient using Microsoft office suite with intermediate to advanced computer skills; Share Point
- Ability to build and maintain healthy relationships with staff, contractors, and customers
- Willingness and ability to travel to sites in NSW, as well as holding a valid drivers license.
- Experience in dynamic environments and the ability to navigate and manage complex issues and problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Cert IV in TAE
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- First Aid Certificate
- Strong understanding of the ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO 45001 standards and the application of such standards within a construction and service business