Job Title: Senior Site supervisor
BE/Diploma Mechanical/ Mechatronics/ Electrical /Electronics/Industrial Automation.
- Min 5 years’ experience on projects as independent supervisor for site installations work.
- Experience with mechanical and/or building installations
- Minimum 2-3 year leading technical experienced engineers in an industrial environment (preferably with conveyor systems)
- Delivering status reports, feedback from site and best practices to improve our project deliveries.
- Focused on Installation quality & lead times
- Experience within material handling or industrial transport systems is an added advantage.
- Willing to travel for global projects up to 70- 80% of the time: staying on location for min 3 to 6 months continuously.
- Knowledge of Vanderlande equipment and systems is a plus.
- Good command of English language (written & spoken), Global mindset and cultural sensitivity is expected.
Job Description: Key tasks and responsibilities
- Organize on-site installation activities
- Create a safe working environment during the project installation phases
- Work according the agreed sequence and project schedule
- Contribute in creating the project “installation” schedule
- Proper preparation of the start up of the installation of the equipment
- Instruct the installation team about installation requirements
- Delegate responsibility of the installation to the foreman of the subcontractors.
- Lead by example
- Work according the C05 processes, Check ahead on scheduled activities to prevent inefficiency. Perform quality checks on installation
- Provide proper status reports about progress to Site Manager.
- Create and support a high-quality hand over to commissioning teams, Support commissioning during the testing phase.
- Organize all site related activities until handover to customer .
Role & Organization:
As Site Supervisor you will be responsible for all the activities involved in the installation of our automated material handling systems in regular projects, or in parts of bigger projects. You will be part of the project team, led by the project manager. You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities, while for larger projects (longer duration and greater complexity) you will report through a senior site manager.