Job Description – Deployment Support Data Engineer at DSF
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory team!
As a deployment support data engineer, you will be responsible to deliver data intelligence solutions to our customers all around the globe, based on an innovative and new product, which provides insights in the performance of their material handling systems. You will deploy the product as well as design solutions to fit it to our customer needs. You will work together with an energetic and multidisciplinary team to build end-to-end data ingestion pipelines and implement and deploy dashboards.
- You will be deploying, testing, and documenting project solutions for our customers and also customize for their specific needs.
- You collect feedback and always search for opportunities to improve the existing standardized product.
- You will build data pipelines and enable further project implementation.
- You will work with multidisciplinary internal teams to develop and deploy our product as well as project specials.
- You will monitor, and support implemented project solutions at our existing customers.
- You embrace working in an international, diverse team, with an open and respectful atmosphere.
- You will be part of an agile team which encourages you to speak up freely about improvements, concerns, and blockages.
- You enjoy an independent and self-reliant way of working with a proactive style of communication to take ownership to provide the best possible solution.
- Relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent.
- Event processing tools like Splunk or the ELK stack
- Familiarity with programming in Python is a plus
- Familiarity with CI/CD, Data/Code testing (e.g., Bamboo, Artifactory, Git)
- Data Schema’s (e.g. JSON/XML/Avro)
- Storage formats (e.g. Azure Blob, SQL, noSQL)
- Deploying services as containers (e.g. Docker) is a plus
- Streaming and/or batch storage (e.g. Kafka, Oracle) is a plus
- Working with cloud services (preferably with Azure)
- Experience in building API is a plus