Position Name: Software Development Engineer (C/C++) – R&D team
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. www.vanderlande.com
Research and Development India (R&D India) is an extended arm of R&D Netherlands and plays a key role in the continuous investment in new products and technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products. Software has become an integral part of our products and systems therefore we invest in people to create the most added value!
As a Software Engineer, you will dive into our flexible control system and support our engineers on site with advice and solutions. Together with them, you will make sure the systems keep on performing for decades. Beside that, you will make sure the system performs on new industrial control hardware. During this process you will analyze risks, solve problems, decompose bottlenecks, test and generate recommendations for improvements. As an experienced software engineer, you will be actively involved in team effort through different development stages.
In this challenging role, you will be widely involved in all kind of design, development and support activities.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an experienced, enthusiastic and versatile software engineer
- BE. / B. Tech/ M.E / M. Tech (Any Discipline) degree from a recognized University / Institution;
- You have at least 5-10 years of relevant working experience, preferably on embedded or control systems
- Knowledge of Software Development in C/C++.
- Experience in soft and/or hard real-time operating systems, preferably Linux;
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and UML is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in Agile way of working is a plus;
- Industrial Automation using Siemens IPC, industrial networks like Profinet, Profibus, ASi experience is a big plus;
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (based on Git);
- Background in managing development environments, services and tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, CMake, GNU tool chain);
Good command over English;
- Agile mindset / team player;
- Soft skills essential for R&D job: Taking Initiative, Creativity, Cooperation, Learning Ability, Advising, Systemic Thinking, Analyzing & listening.
- Not afraid to take responsibility in a dynamic working environment
- Drive to win, result and goal-oriented attitude
- You like challenges and love puzzles