Senior Software Engineer – Data Platform
Area: Central Data Organization – Data Platform
Job Location: Pune, India.
Are you challenged by working on innovation, data, and new technologies? Are you a fast learner and comfortable with change?
- The data platform is created to enable data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other types of data users to perform their data work in an easier, faster, more reliable and more secure way.
- The platform scope is to provide services and applications to ensure that data people can focus on data work and do not need to deal with underlying technical complexity.
- To achieve that, the Data Platform provides a framework layer for data storage, ingestion, and orchestration.
- Built on our cloud platform, the core infrastructure requires data management, access and retention policies, networking, security, and self-service.
- Although the team constantly innovates in new technologies, building a proof of concept and automation to reduce ops overhead are the main technical objectives when designing solutions.
Vanderlande is busy developing new digital services and leveraging cloud technologies on Microsoft Azure to build our Data Platform. The Data Platform’s primary goal is to provide services and tools to ensure that data practitioners can focus on extracting information and insights without the need to deal with underlying technical complexity.
In this exciting position, you will be at the heart of digital innovation and work in a high-performance DevOps team focused on designing, implementing, and operating the Vanderlande Data Platform at scale.
- Collaborates with other DevOps team members and infrastructure architects on best practices, patterns, and vision for Data Platform self-service, API, and automation.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure operational policies and gating controls are aligned with development processes to include creative automation of redundant activities.
- Participate in end-to-end development through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iterations. You participate in architecture and roadmap discussions.
- Develop new product and service features to scale the Data Platform landscape.
- Participate in developing our back-end APIs, data pipelines, and self-service features.
- You can build and develop responsive web apps, possibly integrating visualization libraries.
- You understand the UX concepts to develop appealing and intuitive interfaces based on graphic designs or mock-ups.
- Align implementation efforts with other cross-functional developers across multiple teams.
- You enjoy rapid prototyping and getting your hands dirty.
- You are a team player and do not shy away from opportunities to help the team and product to grow.
- You are proactive and a strong communicator.
Required Experience and Education
As a software engineer, you should have a solid understanding of the entire software development life cycle, tools, and language(s) to operationalize the build, deployment, and management of environments, including:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years of working experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps engineer
- You have good knowledge of Software Design Patterns and good C# programming experience. Python fluency is a plus.
- You have experience developing API-driven applications, preferably deployed on a Cloud platform. Experience with event-based orchestration architectures is a strong plus.
- Experience in developing applications on Azure is a must.
- Experience with web application framework and frontend development.
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket) or other distributed source control systems.
- Experience working with an Agile development environment using tools like Azure DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working with DevOps tools deploying CI/CD pipelines integrating various build tools and image repositories, working knowledge of tool integration for automated testing (code coverage and others), release, and patch management.
- Experience managing unit and integrating test automation tools (i.e., SonarCube, Selenium, JMeter, SpecFlow, etc.) into various points in a development pipeline along with report automation.
- Nice to have Graph databases experience.
- Excellent English communication, both oral and written.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market and is a leading supplier of warehouse process automation solutions. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven, and keen to continue learning throughout their careers.
Our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs embrace this, with over 800 courses conducted annually. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, which is one reason why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey in the Netherlands.
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, don’t hesitate to contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com.