Fullstack Web Developer at DSF
Job Location: Pune
Vanderlande’s warehousing solutions are the first choice for major e-commerce players across the globe, helping them to fulfil their promise of same-day delivery for billions of orders. In addition, nine of the 15 largest global food retailers rely on Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions. Our airport’s baggage handling systems are installed in over 600 airports around the globe.
All those systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory (DSF) team!
As a Fullstack Developer, you will work in the newly created Warehouse Process optimization team, collaborating with data scientists, an architect, and a product owner. The WS Process Optimization tool is a new product under development, and upon hitting milestones, the team will be further expanded with more people to support the successful scaling and productization.
In your role, you’ll flexibly work on creating and scaling a prototype, by creating a backend to embed the models developed by the data scientists, the data ingestion connectors/pipelines to run the model, and (possibly using existing libraries/tool) a frontend for the user. The team architect will be your sparring partner and you will collaborate on creating an end to end tool.
- You participate in end to end development through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iterations. You participate in architecture and roadmap discussions.
- You develop new features for our products and services which provide our customers with actionable information through multiple channels.
- You participate in the development of our back-end applications, (relational and graph) databases, data pipelines and APIs.
- You ensure that applications are running in a cloud-based environment.
- You build and develop responsive web apps, possibly integrating visualization libraries.
- You collaborate with UX designers to develop appealing and intuitive interfaces based on graphic designs or mock-ups.
- Align implementation efforts with other developers across multiple development teams.
- Collaborate together with data scientists in the team to reach the shared goal.
- You enjoy rapid prototyping and getting your hands dirty.
- You are a team player and do not shy away from opportunities to help the team and product to grow.
- You are proactive and a strong communicator.
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar, and at least 3 years of relevant experience with full-stack development.
- You can (and you are willing to) jump between back and front-end development, and take ownership of cross-functional topics and drive them to completion.
- You have experience developing online applications, especially those containing a lot of data. Experience with Even Driven Architectures is a strong plus.
- You have a strong knowledge of web and cloud technologies such as: web services, REST API’s, messaging protocols (MQTT, AMQP, MQ), security (oAuth, OpenID, Keycloak).
- You have experience with Azure, including serverless concepts and CI/CD pipelines. Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker is a plus.
- You have experience creating and deploying SQL and noSQL databases. You have experience with graph databases.
- You have experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets. Python fluency is a plus.
- You have experience with Angular, including automated unit, visual, and/or contract testing.
- You like UI design/development; you're able to create an aesthetically pleasing and user friendly interface based on (or without any) minimal mock-ups. Affiliation/previous experience with data visualization is a plus.
- You are interested in AI and/or machine learning technologies.
- You are fluent in English.