Position Name: Scrum Master – R&D team
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. www.vanderlande.com
Research and Development India (R&D India) is an extended arm of R&D Netherlands and plays a key role in the continuous investment in new products and technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products. Software has become an integral part of our products and systems therefore we invest in people to create the most added value!
As a Scrum Master, you will play a key role of a Team Coach and ensure the agile ceremonies are well orchestrated, like Product backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint retrospective, planning and conducting Program Increment planning. You have an ability to create the release plans, schedules, defining Sprint Goals, identifying, and removing the impediments. While running the sprints you keep a close eye of On Time Delivery, Quality, Defect Removal Efficiency, Burndown charts, sprint velocity and intersections with Toll GATE and Agile processes. Key will establish and follow clear communication plans and report out, live dashboard report outs are preferrable.
Works closely with key stakeholders and understands the requirements breaks it down in the product backlog and focus on delivering the minimum viable products as working prototypes.
Continuously Seek ways to keep the bonding within team by keeping yourself deeply involved in the team activities with focus on developing accurate estimations, betterment of say by do ratio, show and tell by giving working demos.
You will be leading by example by shouldering the development activities while performing the role of Scrum Master. Responsible to do the firsthand reviews of the code, documents, test plans, test cases and ensures the quality of every deliverable that is delivered by team.
You continuously strive to reduce the lead time and increase the predictability of the team by performing automations, identifying & removing non-value added tasks, developing the processes to share and capture the knowledge.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an experienced, enthusiastic and versatile software engineer
- BE. / B. Tech/ M.E / M. Tech (Any Discipline) degree from a recognized University / Institution.
- You have at least 12-15 years of relevant working experience, preferably on embedded or control systems.
- Trained Agile Scrum Master with minimum 4 years of experience as a scrum master.
- Hands-on experience in Software Development in C/C++.
- Works closely with global stream architect, product owner.
- Industrial Automation using Siemens IPC, industrial networks like OPC UA, OPC DA, Profinet, Profibus, ASi experience is a big plus;
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (based on Git) is a plus;
- Background in using development environments, services and tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, SonarQube);
- Experience in soft and/or hard real-time operating systems, preferably Linux;
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (based on Git);
- Background in managing development environments, services and tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, CMake, GNU tool chain);
Good command over English.
- Agile mindset / team player;
- Soft skills essential for R&D job: Taking Initiative, Creativity, Cooperation, Learning Ability, Advising, Systemic Thinking, Analyzing & listening.
- Not afraid to take responsibility in a dynamic working environment
- Drive to win, result and goal-oriented attitude
- You like challenges and love puzzles.