Job Location: Pune, India.
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory team!
As a test engineer at the Digital Service Factory, you are responsible for verifying and validating our digital product in one of Vanderlande’ market segment like Baggage Handling for Airports and Automated Logistics in Warehouses and Parcel distribution. You will be challenged technically and be responsible for a (risk based) test strategy so that you can guarantee a good quality and functionality. You will implement these test plans in an emulated environment, on the actual system in our Innovation Center, paying careful attention to the analysis of any problems that arise. You will report the problems and work together with the project team to deliver a prompt, high-quality solution.
- You analyze system requirements and review technical specifications to assess, evaluate, and create testing requirements for all software components for functional and end-to-end scenarios.
- You are responsible for creating the document and execute test plans, based on the relevant product criteria, the client application and the requirements applicable.
- You collaborate with the product architect to create, document and execute performance test and integration it into CI/CD
- You work with the product architect and platform test/integration manager to contribute to automation test system architecture, methodologies, and processes using industry best practices and innovation of testing framework
- You contribute to design, construct, and maintain automated test reporting infrastructure for providing technical, project, and business visibility to software quality at various stages of the CI/CD.
- You will align and coordinate test work with other test engineers across other teams in Technology and Engineering departments .
- You will actively collaborate with the Product Owner and review new stories/requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent with preferably 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Good knowledge and affinity with (system) testing;
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex test analysis, test case construction/automation and documentation for reproduction
- You are familiar with test plans and risk analyses to propose improvements on a tactical level;
- Experience with design and execute performance and/or loading test.
- Work experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (e.g., Bamboo).
- Working Experience with GIT (Bitbucket).
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of test systems/frameworks within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong analytical abilities, and able to put forward recommendations in both written and verbal form.