In the fast-changing world of Warehouse Logistics automation, we need to constantly adapt to stay ahead. In your role as Service Consultant IT & Remote Services, you ensure that the IT Service solutions and remote support for the Warehouse Market serves the business needs of our customers.
You drive the development of new IT and Remote services and project manage the implementation in close collaboration with our customer centers (CCs) around the world. Projects vary from developing and implementing new IT services to getting well-prepared for our new software platform and/or IT configuration management.
As Service Consultant IT & Remote Services you support our Customer Centers (CC’s) to deliver their IT & Remote services and you drive the development and deployment to stay ahead of market demands.
The IT and Remote Services department develops, deploys and delivers IT services to (and for) our customer centers. The department consists of Service Consultants, System Architects, IT Project Leaders and IT Service Delivery Engineers and Managers. In this role you will report to the Manager IT & Remote Services within our Service Deployment Group.
The Service Deployment Group forms part of the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions, focusing on warehousing in the market segments Fashion, General Merchandise and Food.
The IT and Remote Services department works closely together with our customer centers who are responsible for the customer relation and profit & loss. In addition, you will be working with our Strategy & Solutions and Technology departments on translating business requirements into technical solutions. And with our service desks around the world on the delivery of remote services.
As Service Consultant IT & Remote Services, you are pivotal to deliver our Life-Cycle services strategy and fast-track our roadmap. Your knowledge of IT (development or delivery) is important, but to be successful in this role your track record of successful implementations is what sets you apart.
You lead changes in ways of working (or new services) by combining the harder aspects (processes, dashboards) with behavioral change. You are able to get things done in a complex (international) environment.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Develop and deliver IT & Remote services to our Customer Centers
- Setup and manage projects to roll-out new services and/or ways-of-working; manage your projects with clarity for on time, budget and high-quality delivery of the service solutions
- Create business case content on specific IT or Remote service features and functionality to support overall steering on strategic direction
- Act as intermediary between Strategy, Technology (R&D) and ICT
- Maintain close relationships with Customer Centers and Technology departments at director and (senior) management level
- Actively support the Commercial Solution Managers and local sales organizations with the execution of new service introductions (e.g. using sales tools, hands-on marketing/sales product training, and developing action plans to drive top and bottom-line performance of your product)
- Define technical requirements (IT solutions) and organizational requirements (structure, capabilities)
- Develop a profound understanding of the operational and commercial performance of IT and Remote Services
- Maintain the standard during its life cycle and collect customer and user feedback for continuous improvement of standard building blocks
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing and/or implementing new services
- Experience in IT services in a B2B environment or as a consultant in this area
- Strong project management skills and stakeholder management
- Consultancy skills are highly valued (problem solving, communication, organizational sensitivity) – focus is on tangible results and getting things done rather than PowerPoint slides
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Logistics and Operations Management or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of IT (service) technologies, knowledge of OT is preferred
- Combines hard and soft skills, implements change, strong customer focus, ability to translate theory into tangible results
- Preferable ITIL certified, change management (eg PROSCI), Lean (Six Sigma) are a plus
- Good command of English
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-20%)
What we offer
In this position, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers.
We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunity for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days)
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office)
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport
- Working from home allowance
- Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills
- A variety of Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives
- A great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, such as Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If this challenging role appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your CV. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Carlijn Kneepkens (Recruiter) at email@example.com.