Are you our upcoming technical service expert?
And do you want to be an expert in controls technology who likes solving puzzles? We are now offering you the opportunity to learn from the best experts!
The Controls Service Desk is part of the Global Service Desk organization. The primary task is to support (24/7) the operating software of customers within our market segments Airports, Warehouses and Parcels systems. Our Controls Service Desk is an internationally operating service organization for our customers in the Airports, Warehousing and Parcel business units. Service Desk teams all around the globe work together to make sure systems are available around the clock for our customers to use. Apart from the traditional service delivery aligned with ITIL (Incident, Problem & Change Management) we are also dedicated to developing ourselves as a business partner for our customers; and we are looking for talented people to help us!
As Service Automation Engineer (Controls) you will start in an education program to learn the low-level controls software of our material handling systems. You become a technical expert, getting more and more responsibilities. Besides the education, you and your team are responsible for quickly solving errors and other issues on our customers’ systems. You’ll trace and correct incidents and you are responsible for logging and monitoring these tickets in our service management tool. If an incident can’t be solved on-the-spot you’ll carry out a quick fix and coordinate the incident to the specialists. After the incident is restored you analyze the cause of the incident and come up, together with your team, with solutions to prevent recurrences. The majority of these support tasks are carried out from our office via VPN connections 24/7. For our local service organizations (worldwide), you and your colleagues are the contact for low level controls software related problems that cannot be resolved locally. You therefore form an important link between the different service organizations and internal departments, while regularly communicating directly with customers.
- As a Service Automation Engineer (Controls) you have frequent customer contact, so it’s important to have good communication skills. You can analyze problems very well, you ask the right questions, you listen to the customer and you can translate your findings into a technical solution.
- Education at bachelor level in a technical subject
- Relevant working experience is preferred but we are willing to train you as a controls expert!
- You have a strong affinity with controls technology
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are able to speak, read and write at Business level English
- You are willing to work in a 24/7 schedule together with your team (incl. shift allowance)
In the challenging and responsible position of Service Desk Shift Controls Engineer you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers.
We offer a position (in 5 shifts) in an informal, international and professional working environment with plenty of room for personal development. Joining our profitable and growing company allows you to achieve your goals and focus on your future.
This position offers a competitive salary range of €3,600 to €4,600 gross per month (excluding 8% vacation pay). When exceeding performance expectations, you even have the opportunity to grow beyond this scale.
On top of your salary, you will receive the following fringe benefits:
- 27 vacation days, 7 of which you can take, save or have paid out
- Shift bonus 30%
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Pension plan and discount on supplementary health insurance
- Training opportunities thanks to the Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to improve your skills
- Personal health budget worth €300 net
- Opportunity to participate in various Vanderlande communities and networks
- Fun staff association which organizes many social activities
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands). If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the role of Service Automation Engineer (Controls) appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Michelle van der Schoot, Senior Recruiter on +31 413 49 51 92 or firstname.lastname@example.org.