A Service manager software engineering within the WIS team has as its key task to be the connecting element between the internal customers and the WIS team. The service manager is the primary point of contact and owner for concerns, changes, priorities and disruptions.
The WIS team consists of a mix of 8 people with different nationalities, ages and expertises. WIS is short for Workflow Information Systems and is responsible for the ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) tools used within Vanderlande. Notable examples are the Atlassian tool suite (ALM) and Enovia 3DEXPERIENCE (PLM).
Because of the growth in the number of people, disciplines and teams that are using these tools and the increasing complexity of delivering the services to all these internal customers, we are looking for a service manager, specifically on the ALM side.
The tasks of this role consist of:
- Be the primary point of contact for the customers, the WIS team and other IT teams for changes / disruptions / new ideas / escalations / ongoing discussions
- Identifying the key stakeholders for any change / new tool / recurring disruptions and making sure these stakeholders are all aligned with the proposed solutions and priority
- Document and share the priorities and agreements to all stakeholders in a structured way
- Participate in multiple dev-teams ("boots in the mud") activities from our customers to be aligned with their problems and mindset
- Participate in the architectural decision making process from our customers as a representative on behalf of WIS
- Participate in the CCB, roadmap sessions and architectural decision making process from the WIS team as a representative on behalf of our customers
For the execution of these tasks, you have the following traits:
- Able to build and maintain a network of people
- Strong communicator, not easily crowded out in discussions
- Strong operational skills, able to identify importance and priority from incidents
- Customer focussed
- Experience with managing ALM tools
- 5+ years experience in participating in a development team (GIT, CI/CD)
- Higher vocational degree/bachelor in a relevant field
- Strong communication skills in English both verbal and written, Dutch is preferred
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Service Manager Software Engineering, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
27 days vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
Flexible working hours
Home working facility
Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
If the role of Service Manager Software Engineering appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information about selection process please contact Annelieke van der Poel (Recruiter) +31 413 49 52 88. #LI-AV3