Service Operations Manager – Albert Heijn DC – Zaandam
Does it make you tick to manage and optimize the service and maintenance activities in a high technology environment and lead a large team of qualified Service and Maintenance Technicians? We are dedicated to developing ourselves as a true business partner for our respected customer Albert Heijn at their largest Distribution Center in the Netherlands; and we are looking for a talented people manager to join us in our journey!
As a Service Operations Manager at our client site in Zaandam, you are a local ambassador of Vanderlande and will be responsible for the day-to-day Operation and Maintenance, Customer Satisfaction, and delivering to the Contractual agreements. You’ll be focusing on Personnel, Operations, Service, Quality, Finance, Subcontracts and variations. In doing this you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Manages stakeholders up to senior management both at customer and Vanderlande.
- Contact person towards the customer for all operational and technical issues.
- Development and further professionalization of the site based service teams.
- Management of incidents (external & internal)
- Customers service contract
- Manage SLA’s as per contract and agreed with customers
- Report KPI’s to ensure efficiencies within the team
- Continuous improvement initiatives planned and undertaken
- Personal Management
- Final responsibility for performance of operations on specific site.
- Site representative of Vanderlande Industries.
- Working with Service Account Managers or region to identify possible opportunities.
Your qualifications and skills
- A Bachelor/ Master of Science degree in Engineering
- >10 years (international) service management experience and (team)leadership
- Background in automated handling systems, the capital goods industry and/or system integration business.
- Entrepreneur, people manager and good communicator, who can develop long term business relationships and/or networks
- Natural leader (combination of people & technical skills) and a strong personality.
- Good influencing skills.
- Used to work with 3rd party service providers as sub-contractors.
- Knowledge of service contracts is an advantage.
- Strong customer focus and service “blood”.
- Language skill: Excellent Dutch and English.
- Drive for continuous improvement.
- 24/7 attitude, planning your day is essential.
- Able to think and act on a long term bases (5 years) – build, plan, and execute, vision.
- Commercial drive to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Safety orientated with knowledge or training to influence staff to avoid, detect and resolve safety hazards via purchased solutions or enacting procedures.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the role of Service Operations Manager appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Chrissy Broeders Recruiter on 0413-495288.