Service Project Manager
Would you like to contribute to the logistics performance of our world leading customers and manage our international Service Projects? Are you service minded and do you have a commercial attitude? Then start a new challenge in your career and join our team as Service Project Manager!
Vanderlande provides customers with life-cycle services for their automated material handling systems. Revision, Modification and Retrofit (RMR) projects are extremely important to keep a material handling system in perfect shape and to adept it to the customer’s needs.
As Service Project manager it’s your job is to coordinate all activities around RMR Projects as per plan. This includes sales, engineering, execution (installation, commissioning & testing) and service take over. You will work on several projects simultaneously and functionally report to the Team Leader Projects WS. In this role, you will represent the interests of your projects in a highly demanding multi-disciplinary project environment and with different cultures. You will execute and deliver projects and have the ability to implement them, while customer satisfaction, expectation management, time, budget, quality and safety is guaranteed. During the execution phase you will have commercial responsibility, ultimately resulting in a successful acceptance of your projects by the customer and the internal service organization.
The Vanderlande Customer Centre “Warehousing Solutions International” (CC WS INT) is active throughout the world, you are part of the Service Operations organization, an internationally operating service organization for our customers. Due to the dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment, you will work and align with internal project-team members (managers, sales engineers, project engineers, HLC, IT, buyers) and external parties (customers, subcontractors, engineering companies). As we are expecting growth, we are looking for a Service Project Manager with the potential and ambition to further develop and professionalize in Project Management.
- Management of Service Project execution, from sales to hand over towards customer (integrated Sales Engineering and Project Management) focusing on both customer satisfaction and project performance (financially, quality, planning).
- Act as contact point for customer as well as departments within company for given customers.
- Initiate the project through required processes and internal / external kick-off meetings
- Prepare project management plan
- Responsible for performance of RMR projects: sales budget, invoicing schedules, maximizing profitability, managing risks & opportunities, customer satisfaction.
- Escalation and single point of contact for internal as well as external stakeholders for operational and technical issues.
- Development and further professionalization way of working in regions and branches of CC WS Int.
- Align processes (Process Map 2.0) and WOW with other relevant parties within Vanderlande.
- Responsible for on-site health, safety and environment on site.
Your qualifications and skills
- Higher level technical/business education. (Bachelor / Master degree).
- >2 years international, multi discipline project (and/or Line) management experience .
- Ability to move the project team to the next level in order to deliver project with a satisfied customer.
- Experienced in working in matrix organizations with combined hierarchical and functional reporting lines.
- Affinity with controls and IT is recommended.
- Experienced in working in an internal organization where managing remote operations is part of normal business.
- Leadership and presentation skills including relentless problem solving Focus on both qualitative and quantitative performance of operations
- Background in automated handling systems, the capital goods industry and/or system integration business. Understands business criticality of the systems.
- You act as an entrepreneur with a hands-on mentality and have a strong customer focus;
Your personal characteristics
- Excellent verbal and oral skills in English language and preferably in Dutch
- Strong customer focus and service oriented attitude
- Accurate, systematic, solution and result-oriented
- Persuasiveness and able to convince in a constructive manner
- Strong organizational skills, able to set priorities, helicopter view
- Willing to travel worldwide (on average 20% of your time)
The Service Project Manager role gives you the opportunity to develop yourself in a coordination position. In this position you will visit our sites and suppliers, you will be travelling on average 10- 20 % of your time. In the challenging and responsible position of Service Project manager you'll have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of the Service Organization Warehousing Solutions International of Vanderlande.
Our organization has been named for several years in a row as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer'.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary you'll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Training facilities
- Travel expenses
- Attractive pension scheme
- Insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
If the challenging profile of Service Project Manager appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your CV and cover letter.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Chrissy Broeders (Recruiter) on +31 (0)413 – 495 679