SERVICE SALES ENGINEER AIRPORTS & PARCEL
Are you ambitious and looking for the right start of an international career? Are you commercially savvy and technically inclined? Do you want to keep a wide perspective on your next steps? Our Sales Engineer position at our Airports & Parcels Business Unit might be the right step for you!
Position and department
With around 30% of business volume, service activities play an important role within Vanderlande. Our service organization consists of more than 1.600 employees who work together every day to make sure that all of our customers worldwide can improve their business.
The Service Concepting & Improvement department in Business Unit APS (Airports & Parcel Solutions) focusses on the service development of the Airports & Parcel segments throughout the region Northern Europe and Middle East and has a supporting function to other customer centers globally. Our department covers multiple disciplines such as Asset & Logistics management, IT services, Bid Management and Sales Engineering. Within the department, Service Sales Engineers are responsible for the bid management, solution design and pricing of both site-based and support service contracts.
In order to accommodate anticipated growth and to prepare for future success, we are looking for a Service Sales Engineer to strengthen our team.
As part of the Service Concepting & Improvement team, you will work closely together in a global network of colleagues with the ultimate goal to align our customer focused approach. This enables you to build a large international network and setting the conditions for your next step within Vanderlande – be it in business development, sales management, sales engineering, contract management, service management or project management.
Vanderlande provides technical solutions and a wide range of services over the entire lifetime, from R&D to services phase. Your challenge is to find creative solutions and identify and influence customer needs and to translate these into a winning solution, guarding the balance between quality and a competitive price.
You will work on proposals for service offerings executed by service teams all around the world in support contracts and site based solutions including IT & Controls, Maintenance and Operations. You make sure to be involved as early as possible in the sales phase – preferably already during the lead phase. You support, challenge and team up with the Sales Manager during lead, pre-bid, bid and closing phase to jointly secure contracts while liaising between all stakeholders. You prepare and present the technical content based on the Service Proposition towards the customer. For certain opportunities you will also take the commercial lead after consultation with the sales manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Define sales tactics together with the Sales Manager – and act accordingly.
- Solve commercial / solution challenges directly with the Sales Manager or independently.
- Discuss our Service Proposition with customers during early sales phases using a consultative selling approach.
- Translating tender requirements to compliant and lean quotations
- Understanding the customer's business and processes and translate this into solid and creative service proposals.
- Responsible for bid management and (organizing) all sales engineering deliverables throughout all sales phases (starting from pre-bid) until the hand-over to the execution team.
- Identify and communicate the impact of solution and pricing choices to the attention of senior management.
- Involve service consultants and service operations to develop the best possible solution design.
- Initiate and follow up actions in full accordance with the philosophy behind the sales strategy.
- Able to handle multiple bids in various sales phases simultaneously.
- Lead an internal sales support team (operations, consultants, spare parts, legal, finance, pricing).
- Make sure that all procedural steps are taken on time, and in accordance with sales process checklists.
- Good listener and communicator, creative and a result oriented mindset.
- Flexibility in working with different cultures and business maturity levels.
- Strong in analyzing customer requirements and needs.
- You are a natural team player.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Pro-active, solution oriented and eager to learn.
- You take ownership and responsibility for your bids.
- A Master's degree (in a technical program) with 0-5 years working experience.
- Excellent in English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Since this role has an international scope we expect that you are willing to travel internationally
If you are interested in this position, you can apply by sending an email with your cover letter and cv to email@example.com.