Do you know what our customers need? Do you have a strong affinity with developing technical solutions for our customers, sales engineering, building, and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and do you have commercial flair? Then start a new challenge in your career and come and join our Life Cycle Services Department.
Service Operations is part of the Global Services organization. Life-cycle services accounts for more than 20% of the total sales at Vanderlande. The Service Projects team consults customers, quote and execute brownfield projects in existing Vanderlande systems, which are complex Revisions, Modifications and Retrofits (RMR projects). Working close together with Service Account Management, Process Engineering and Service Contract Management, the department is responsible for successfully delivering Service Projects, to our customer’s needs.
Vanderlande provides its customers with life-cycle services for material handling systems. Revision, Modification and Retrofit (RMR) projects are extremely important to keep a system in perfect shape and to adept it to the customers needs. As Service Sales Engineer for airports, parcels, and warehouse, you are responsible both to consult customers and prepare concepts and pricing for complex RMR projects, as well as to support our Service Projects team with in-depth knowledge of our technical Vanderlande equipment. Furthermore, you will play an important role in professionalizing Service Sales Engineering and supporting Regions and Branches in developing this competence.
In this challenging role, you will serve a large variety of customers worldwide and you will work closely together with the customer and supply centers to design and sell the best offer to our customers.
In close consultation with all internal stakeholders, you advise in solutions for our customers. You will provide input to the sales plan and define the best approach to pursue the opportunity. With your process knowledge, you can translate the customers’ request to a solution and concept layout. You prepare the concept and pricing for the project and align with all internal and external parties involved (Pricing, Procurement, Planning, Engineering). After a project is sold, you secure and organize a successful project kickoff with the Project Manager Service. You should be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A technical bachelor’s degree in industrial, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar
- At least 4 to 6 years’ experience in sales engineering, preferably of brownfield projects
- Analytical ability to structure and solve logistical problems.
- You have a strong customer focus ‘Service blood’ and can convince your stakeholders
- Good command of English
- Analyze technical, commercial, and legal tender requirements and prepare compliancy matrix.
- Prepare detailed technical proposals for RMR, SBS, SUS and Spares offerings.
- Knowledge of Vanderlande equipment (preferably low-level controls) is an advantage
- Preparing pricing and running optimizations rounds with all the stakeholders to meet customer requirement.
- Create a database of lessons learnt and implement the same for continuous improvements.
In the challenging and responsible position of Service Sales Engineer, you will get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. An organization which has been elected as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’ for several years in a row.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter.