Job purpose statement
Responsible for the preparation, execution and reporting of maintenance activities.
Also responsible for solving errors within the material handling system.
Entire ACP material handling system, however with specialization on certain functional modules.
Qualifications & abilities
- Experience of supporting automated systems with a good level of electro-mechanical skills.
- Electrical fault-finding and fault-rectification skills, including the replacement and configuration of field devices (inverters, sensors, scanners etc).
- Mechanical/Pneumatic fault-finding and fault-rectification skills (gearboxes / bearings / sprockets / drives etc).
- Read electrical schematics / wiring diagrams.
- Skilled in the use of standard electrical test instruments.
- Relevant vocational and / or technical qualifications.
- Execution of preventive maintenance (both electrical and mechanical).
- Reporting of executed maintenance activities.
- Execution of inspections.
- Analysis of system errors.
- Replacements of machine spare parts.
- Reporting of problems and maintenance activities that need attention.
List of key activities
- Daily maintenance activities.(PM,CM & EM Work Orders)
- Daily monitoring of equipment condition.
- Duties described in the Organisation’s HSQE Management System.
- Identifying causes of, and rectifying, equipment failures.
- Taking the initiative.
- Customer orientation/service provision.
- Oral communication skills.
- Safety awareness.
- Stress resistance.
- Results oriented.