Deputy Shift Leader
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, sorting systems for parcel and postal services and Warehouse Solutions. Working within our customer site at Asda, the Service Technician will be performing maintenance duties and reactive calls to our Material handling System to ensure productivity and output, equipment asset availability, health & safety compliance, quality, and team working is optimised in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To be proficient in all aspects of the operation and maintenance procedures.
- To repair and maintain all equipment through a proactive approach of planned preventative maintenance with a "right first time" approach and to seek permanent solutions through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure rapid response to breakdown situations and effective corrective maintenance regimes.
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
- Interface to customer in a Professional and Courteous Manner either face to face, telephone, email or Radio communications.
- Ensure contract SLAs are consistently achieved and improved.
Drive to Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring colleagues have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
- Perform planned preventative maintenance, corrective and reactive maintenance activities in a timely manner as required.
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business involved with service provision.
- Provide cover for other service technicians / Shifts when necessary.
- Ensure thorough knowledge transfer through sharing of knowledge and information.
Every day better
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability.
- Carry out routine maintenance duties including, but not limited to: operational checks, functionality checks, cleaning, adjustment, lubrication and monitoring.
- Look to find root cause of issues and find permanent solutions to issues encountered.
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture.
- Ensure all company legislative Health & Safety regulations and policies are maintained.
- Work in a safe considerate manner and leave all work areas clean and tidy at all times.
Good level of Electrical & Mechanical multi-skilling
Working knowledge of PLC control systems (Desirable)
Experience of automated materials handling systems a distinct advantage
Good communication skills
Proven problem solver
Methodical and accurate
ASRS Experience beneficial