Argos, Barton Under Needwood
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working within our customer site at Argos, the service technician will be performing maintenance duties to ensure productivity and output, equipment availability, health & safety compliance, quality, and team working is optimised in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To be proficient in all aspects of the operation and maintenance procedures.
- To repair and maintain all equipment through a proactive approach of planned preventative maintenance with a "right first time" approach and to seek permanent solutions through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure rapid response to breakdown situations and effective corrective maintenance regimes.
Build Reputation with Customers
- Interface to customer in a Professional and Courteous Manner either face to face, telephone, email.
- Ensure contract SLAs are consistently achieved and improved
Drive to Win
- Perform planned preventative maintenance, corrective and reactive maintenance in timely manner as required.
- Provide cover for other service technicians / Shifts when necessary.
- Ensure thorough knowledge transfer through sharing of knowledge and information.
Every day better
- Carry out routine maintenance duties including, but not limited to: operational checks, functionality checks, cleaning, adjustment, lubrication and monitoring.
- Look to find root cause of issues and find permanent solutions to issues encountered.
Safe Base & We Care
- Ensure all company legislative Health & Safety regulations and policies are maintained.
- Work in a safe considerate manner and leave all work areas clean and tidy at all times.
Desired Skill & Experience:
· Time Served Apprenticeship with relevant level 3 qualification
· Good level of Electrical & Mechanical multi-skilling
· Working knowledge of PLC control systems (Desirable)
· Experience of automated materials handling systems a distinct advantage
· Good communication skills
· Proven problem solver
· Methodical and accurate