The Services Site Manager systematically and efficiently manages contract execution and analysis for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance. Services Site Manager shall be responsible for overseeing and directing all Operations and Maintenance Services. This will include attendance at regularly scheduled or requested meetings by customer to discuss the operation and maintenance of the MHS and related systems.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
The Services Site Manager is responsible for the administration of all the functions required to manage the operation and maintenance activities effectively, including, but not limited to:
- Managing contracts – (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts)
- Ensure safe, effective, and profitable performance of customer contract obligations.
- Act as contractual liaison between company employees and customer, ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of variations
- Act as representative for operational and safety meetings with the customer
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Ensure quality of maintenance executed on-site according to contract agreed with the client (quality and timely services are extremely important in this role)
- Conduct regular meetings with client for the purposes of status reporting and service updates
- Resolve problems and/or conflicts effectively and maintain open communication with the various stakeholders.
- Safety – Responsible for safety of site, meeting proper PPE requirements, all administration for OSHA and weekly safety training
- Promote Accident Free workplace principles, ensure compliance with all Vanderlande Safety programs and requirements, and show leadership in promoting Safety. Ensure that sites perform required periodic inspections, training, and documentation.
- Instill a culture of safety to the team at all times. Ensures safety compliance and Site based teams follow all Company safety policies in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Administration of site – development and updating staffing level plans, supervising maintenance teams and clerical support
- Managing payroll – submitting and processing
- Working with Human Resources and Recruiting on employee relations issues, training, performance reviews, employee hiring and onboarding
- Manage schedule of maintenance and teams for contracted coverage, meeting expectations set forward in contract.
- Promote effective, efficient, and cooperative coordination among Operations, Sales, Finance, HR, Safety, and other departments.
- Maintenance Management
- Provide proactive leadership in maintaining strong customer relationships and in resolving issues and disputes.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce site specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: Standard operating procedure, Communication plans, safety plans, contingency plans, attendance, quality control of craftsmanship, inventory management, training requirements, PLC code control.
- Provide input on spare parts inventory levels and recommend purchases as needed.
- Coordinate down system contingency planning and failure protocols with customer.
- Preparation and submittal daily and weekly reports, monthly and annual summary reports regarding the performance, operational and maintenance status of the MHS.
- Provide guidance and direction to Assistant Managers in organizing and managing site based services; develops, coaches, and mentors employees; conduct regular staff meetings with teams to ensure communication from region and Corporate HQ
- Maintain and keep all software licenses current and track in the CMMS system.
- Create and enforce employee mandatory tool lists
- Conduct MHS failures root cause assessments.
- Conduct ongoing MHS Assessments
- Track and administer MHS parts warranty program
- Additional scope:
- Work with Sales to generate new and organic business opportunities, while building and maintaining relationships with key personnel.
- Prepare proposals for additions, deletions, and changes to the contract scope as requested
- Develop and implement strategic plans for on-site execution of maintenance services and operations
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience in industrial, commercial construction, or material handling/conveyor systems industries.
- Prior management experience, minimum 5 years’ experience leading, motivating, and mentoring teams.
- Prior experience in maintenance management
- Experience adhering to and implementing customer contracts
- Strong client interface and professional presentation
- Proven track record of problem solving, taking on entrepreneurial challenges and simplifying the complex
- Ability to pass background checks to the extent required.
- Preferred: B.A. or B.S. in Engineering or operations.
- Warehouse operations experience. Automation or material handling services experience.
- Entrepreneurial attitude – problem solving and innovation
- Ability to multitask
- Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel, Word Processing and Outlook
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) both within the organization (global) and with all levels of customers
- Organizational and time management skills
- Capable of analyzing issues and developing solutions
- Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
- Ability to be creative and innovative, and overcome objections and turn them into opportunity
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. With the expectation to manage a 24/7 operation.
This position requires less than 10% travel.
This position supervises a site based service (SBS) team.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on the floor of the system.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Occasionally ascends/descends ladders and stairs to inspect or operate machinery and site conditions.
- Ability to accurately perceive safety issues using senses, including Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed the material handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.