As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
As a Service Site Manager, you will be responsible for the general management of the site-based service team and the successful execution of the service contract. The Service Site Manager will be the site-based interface between the customer and Vanderlande and is responsible for overall customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Manage the operations team
- Continuous improvement of the system operations and team performance
- Manage and advise on the performance of third party agencies
- Customer’s service contract
- Manage SLA’s as per contract and agreed with customers
- Report KPI’s to ensure efficiencies within the team
- Continuous improvement initiatives planned and undertaken
- Personal Management
- Final responsibility for performance of maintenance and operations on specific site
- Budget controller
- Site representative of Vanderlande
- Working with Service Account Managers or region to identify possible opportunities
- Set-up and management responsibility for a site-based service organization; staff, operations, quality, finance/P&L
- Manage and improve customer relations
- Risk & Opportunity Management
- Budget Management, cost control, warranty issues
- HSE responsibility
- Identify sales opportunities at existing customers
- Subcontract Management
- Coordination during significant incidents
- Reporting responsibilities, internal and external
- Escalation management
- Control and improve operations and maintenance methods
Required Education and Experience:
- Educational degree, Bachelor/master’s in engineering (Technical, Electrical/Mechanical)
- >5 years of Team lead/Management experience
- Background in automated handling systems and/or system integration business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Controls Engineering
- Warehouse/Distribution Operations experience
- Conveyor services or material handling services experience
- Entrepreneur, people manager and good communicator, who can develop long term business relationships and/or networks
- Natural leader (combination of people & technical skills) and a strong personality
- Good influencing skills
- Experience working with 3rd party service providers as sub-contractors
- Knowledge of service contracts is an advantage
- Strong customer focus
- Language skill: Excellent English
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Is a reliable and valued liaison between Vanderlande Industries and the customer
- 24/7 attitude, planning your day is essential
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position supporting our customer's 24/7 distribution facility in Vaughn, Ontario Canada. Standard working hours are predominantly M/F 8Am-5PM, however, due to the nature of the role and needs of the business flexibility in schedule is a must.
Occasional travel in North America is required.
Oversee and Manage the site based service team.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Although a Controls Engineer predominantly works in the office, they also spend time at a customer site, where they sometimes handle packages or automatic equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed the baggage / package handling systems, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The Controls Support Engineer will encounter mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment. Ear protection should be worn.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This position operates in the secured area of the customer site and may require a security badge. Applicants are required to pass a background check, as provided by applicable state and federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.