As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are currently looking for a Services Transition Manager that will be supporting the Vanderlande North America Warehouse business.
As a Services Transition Manager, you will be working as part of the Vanderlande North America Warehouse Service organization supporting the transition of new sites from project completion to service operations. The Services Transition Manager will be the point person for establishing staffing, operations, maintenance, IT services, remote helpdesk, quality, health & safety, finance and contract compliance for remote and site based service customers. This position requires close collaboration and coordination with many different teams within the Vanderlande services organization. Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must.
Services Transition Manager
The candidate must be able to demonstrate 5+ years’ experience working as a Service Transition/Service Readiness Manager with a focus on new site O&M readiness. Previous experience in organizational, strategic, project and operational planning coupled with a track record of managing numerous stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary environment is desired.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- General management of Site Based Service set up including processes, personnel, operations, maintenance, IT services, remote support, quality, health and safety, finance and contract management.
- Review and assess service contract for identification of risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for the recruitment and set up of the site based teams at the customer’s location varying from 10 FTE to 100 FTE in a short period (1 to 6 months). Responsible for preparation of remote support aspects such as helpdesk and other IT services.
- Profit & loss and contract management during the set up phase. Evaluate as sold budget vs latest estimate and report on variances.
- Actively supports the Service Manager to create and steer business investments with customers (workshops) both short term and long term.
- Continuous cooperation with the Service Manager to align the set up to secure service deliverables that are in accordance to the service delivery plan.
- Contact person towards the customer(s) for all issues up to board level during set up phase.
- Development and further professionalization of the setup of site based service team(s).
- Develop Service Readiness scorecard and provide continuous readiness updates for all stakeholders.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Change Management, Project Management, Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program .
- Previous experience in warehouse automation industry.
- Entrepreneur, people manager and good communicator, who can develop long term supplier and customer relationships and/or networks in a relatively short time.
- Team builder, motivator, lead by example.
- Lean Six-Sigma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence
- Customer focused attitude
- Project planning and management
- Safety first mindset
- Results Oriented
- Process-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Relationship focused
- Team builder, motivator, lead by example.
- Continuous improvement/Everyday better attitude
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, with a standard M-F work week. There is a potential for on call availability requirement, covering extended hours 7 days per week.
- Regular travel to customer sites in North America is required
- Some international travel will be required for training purposes.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The role may require site visits and candidates should be able to access, unhindered, these environments in order to perform essential functions of this job. These will include site inspections and visual checks if and when required.
The role will require the candidate once established to provide cover for other team members, and assist in training , development and mentoring of other members of the team. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.