Qualifications and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in operations or facility management or electromechanical fields.
- Minimum 2 years team leader experience.
- Team builder.
- Read and write the English and local language.
- Proper communication capabilities.
- Ensure all operations and maintenance activities are executed properly and in time.
- Plan operations activities on day to day basis.
- Reporting performance on daily basis.
- Available to the engineers to advice and support.
- Communicate observations to relevant stakeholders.
- Take lead role in training and familiarization of less experiences maintenance engineers.
- Take ownership to ensure that area is clean and hazard free.
- Manage and co-ordinate the management of third party interests when undertaking specialist operations, maintenance or repair activities on their shift.
- Responsible for the contractors permit to work and sign offs.
- Isolating activities to ensure that work can be carried out safely for all parties (maintenance engineers and third parties).
List of key activities
- Distribute planned activities amongst the team.
- Check activity performance of engineers and third parties.
- Support during complex operation and maintenance activities.
- Check safe working conditions and procedures.
- Train new / inexperienced employees.
- Group-oriented leadership
- Providing feedback
- Customer-orientation/Service provision
- Planning & Organizing
- Stress resistance
- Safety leadership