The Shift Leader will be a main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the mechanical level supervising a team.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
• Exercise safe working practice at all times
• Inspect and diagnose complex mechanical/electrical systems
• Inspect and diagnose mechanical systems
• Perform specified preventive maintenance
• Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
• Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
• Attend to faults, alarms and warnings
• Monitor reporting through CMMS, including generating and closing work orders
• React to messages from the Control Room or manager
• React to messages from the Operations Teams regarding Preventive or Corrective Maintenance
• Perform monthly CM/PM, including inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement parts as needed
• Assist with supervision of employees assigned to the team
• Ensure quality of maintenance executed on-site according to contract agreed with the customer(s)
• Manage system issues on-site with the maintenance team, manager and the customer
• Setup and maintain work schedule to ensure fulfilment of contract deliverables and more.
• Provide assistance to Manager (if applicable) on daily operations and perform as the manager in his absence.
• Ensure proper levels of supplies (spare parts, tools and office supplies) and manage vendor interactions.
• Initiate process improvements to ensure continuous improvement of the maintenance performance to the contract.
• Acts independently in several technical tasks
• Identifies issues that need extra attention.
• Solves problems which disturb the daily operation.
• Trains less experienced employees.
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of technical experienced in an industrial environment
• Working experience with mechanical, electrical and controls (PLC, PC) systems
• 2 years of prior experience as a Lead Technician
• Valid Driver’s License
• Minimum of 2 years Material Handling Experience
• Minimum of 1 year CMMS Experience preferred
• Self-Starter and Pro-active
• Detail Oriented and Stress Resistant
• Customer Oriented
• Innovative and Self Assured
• Decision Making Ability
• Strong leadership skills, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Fully competent and versed in operations and maintenance
• Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
• Team player
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
• Working knowledge of computers and equipment
• Ability to solve problems under pressure
• Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of OSHA and safety practices
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position requires no travel.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: Technicians work in secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems. Technicians identify and fix mechanical problems with machinery, and they commonly work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.