The Team Leader of shipping and receiving is responsible for all physical goods within the warehouse. This consists of receiving, journal entry, packaging, control, identification, storage, moving, loading / unloading and / or documentation of all goods. The Team Leader is a valuable sparring partner for the internal organization. In addition, the Team Leader also carries responsibility for the performance and the welfare of his/her team, which consists of permanent employees and temporary workers. The Team Leader will continue to challenge the employees to achieve the best possible return by systematic work according to established procedures and departmental processes, and by setting the right priorities. Quality, quantity, timeliness and cost are important factors. Equally important is that the Team Leader is responsible for the pursuit of continuous improvement of his department, and all related relevant issues, in which s/he also takes responsibility on the acceptance and implementation.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Responsible for the good stream inside Vanderlande and the corresponding preconditions:
- Balancing the workload and match that with the workforce
- Describe and update the processes, not only concerning Physical Distribution, but also concerning the total Supply Chain
- Set the safety rules and monitor compliance
- Realize the set targets, using Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Realize the agreed output with maximum efficiency at an optimum “result of cost” for the department
- Report the results and act when needed
- Secures the logistic processes, progress, and quality
- Using, maintaining and optimizing tooling
- Steer the performance of employees
- Stimulate teamplay
- Act as an example of company rules, norms, and core values by employees
- Recruit, guide and train employees
- Motivate, develop and appraise the employees
- Continuously strive to perfection at Physical Distribution
- Steer to innovate, improve and bring enthusiasm to the team
- Stay up-to-date concerning developments in the logistics by use of training and logistic contacts internally and externally of Vanderlande
- Translate the desires of the (internal) clients and suppliers to solutions
- Develop weaknesses into opportunities
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Minimum of 5 years of Warehouse/Logistics, experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge MS Office – Work, Power Point, Excel
- Mechanically inclined with basic knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- System Experience: ERP (preferably JDE) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Leading, give direction, initiate activities, motivating team and handle conflict
- Adheres to deadlines and capable of making decisions (under pressure)
- Innovative, think ahead and anticipate
- Multitasking, analytic and process minded
- Communicates well, thinks, and has result-oriented attitude
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday (7:00 am – 4:00 pm).
May be required to work overtime, weekends, holidays and shiftwork, as needed.
This position may require up to 5% travel to other VI sites Acworth, Cartersville, and Marietta.
The Team Lead is responsible for staff and temporary contractors in physical distribution.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Employee will be working in an warehouse/manufacturing environment. Temperature can vary: cold temperatures of 40 degrees, and will be required to wear jacket or warm/hot temperature of 70+ degrees. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and utilization of PPE (i.e., safety glasses, gloves, etc.) is required
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, use hands and fingers, talk, hear, and see (close vision and depth).
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.