Our Services division offers a service portfolio, which includes maintenance services, process optimization, system upgrades and modifications throughout the material handling system's life cycle at airports. The Site Maintenance Manager is responsible for the Services Operations for our baggage handling system at the respective airport. Provides leadership, management and direction to a maintenance team to achieve safety, quality, productivity, cost objectives, along with meeting customer service goals. This position is based out of Portland, Maine Airport.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Manages a medium sized and complex maintenance contract
- Manages the daily operation, leads and sets direction of the maintenance team.
- Manages team performing a variety of interrelated activities.
- Leads and provides direction to technicians to complete needed maintenance.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly meeting with customers and customers’ agents to review performance
- Administer CMMS documentation for all maintenance work orders, PM's, parts inventory, and labor hours.
- Improve capability and capacity of maintenance personnel.
- Plan and manage resources to ensure the cost effective execution of maintenance.
- Train, manage, and lead employee performance to insure continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments to solve problems as needed and set plans for meeting Airline's goals.
- Process administrative work that supports the process.
- Ensure a safe work environment for employees and ensure that safe work practices are utilized.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce site specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: Communication plans, safety plans, contingency plans, attendance, quality control of craftsmanship, inventory management, training requirements, PLC code control (per TSA's PODS 4.2 guidelines).
- Maintain and keep all Airport BHS PLC and SERVER Licenses current and track in the CMMS system.
- Assist Airport in administering the spare parts allowance and assist Airport with audits of spare parts inventory.
- Create and enforce employee mandatory tool lists
- Promote training initiatives
- Develop and lead a Safety culture.
- Generate standard operating procedures.
- Conduct BHS failures root cause assessments.
- Conduct ongoing BHS Assessments
- Maintain current software licenses with Airport and vendors
- Track and administer BHS parts warranty program
- Provide written reports of any kind requested by the City
- Manage Site P&L to achieve budgetary cost and margin goals
- Sets priorities, distributes work, monitors progress and quality.
- Methodologically analyzes and improves departmental processes and people development.
- Continuously improves performance of the maintenance crew.
- Locates improvement opportunities, makes an improvement plan and executes the plan.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with maintenance management and managing employees, leading, motivating, and mentoring teams
- 1 year of prior experience as a Maintenance Manager II
- Experience with PLC’s software, a plus
- Maintenance Management and Union Contract Management experience
- Experience in industrial, commercial construction, or material handling/conveyor systems industries.
- Experience adhering to and implementing customer contracts
- Experience coordinating training with a team; on-boarding; appraisals; recognition; recruiting etc.
- Proven track record of problem solving, taking on entrepreneurial challenges and simplifying the complex
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or Engineering preferred
- Airport and Warehouse Operations experience
- Conveyor services or material handling services experience
- Strong client interface and professional presentation
- Ability to multitask
- Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel, Word Processing and Outlook
- Entrepreneurial attitude – problem solving and innovation
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) both within the organization
- Organizational and time management skills
- Capable of analyzing issues and developing solutions
- Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
- Ability to be creative and innovative, and overcome objections and turn them into opportunity
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. With the expectation to manage a 24/7 operation.
This position requires up to 5% travel.
Oversee and Manage O&M team
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lifts 25 pounds frequently, and up To 50 occasionally. Carries 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.